Blue Plastic Tracks
Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES (/thread-118.html)

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - chrisjo - 08-16-2021

(08-13-2021, 10:02 AM)Super Wrote: @Ffar
What are " Little Westerners "
The "Little Western" is actually the Arlesburgh Branch Line, aka Duck's Branch Line. Its nickname comes from the fact that the originals of its engines, Duck and Oliver, were in real life Great Western Railway engines, and the line uses GWR liveries.

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Mister No - 08-16-2021

(08-01-2021, 02:55 PM)Super Wrote: I would still like to know if that special chassis can be swapped with other shells 

Well, we might have an answer to that question now. In THIS video, starting at about 4:23, we can see a common commuter train (JR Tokai 313) changing direction on the special tracks from the Sushi Train Set.

[Image: JR-Tokai-reversing.jpg]

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Super - 08-16-2021

@Chrisjo
Thanks Dr Chris, in some strange (selfish) way I was hoping it meant that there were some Western Style Steam engines I didn't know about.

@Mr No

Thanks for the video Mr No. It indeed looks like it but I am surprised that the Shinkansen Chassis with its pointed nose fit in this commuter as I didn't know that. I am also surprised at how well the middle and rear car handle being 'pushed' without much skewing but that may be due to this middle car having more weight than normal due to it looks to have a sound chassis. What say you?

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Mister No - 08-16-2021

Yeah, I don't think a three-car-train would look good going backwards on anything more than a short straight line... But, if it really works, there are some nice railcars (Sakura Tram, first car of Hakone Tozan Railway, Hiei railcar, etc.) that use that type of chassis. I would probably use them for such operation.

[Image: IMG-20210817-001157.jpg]

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Trainboy90 Productions - 08-16-2021

2022 will be the 30th Anniversary of Plarail Thomas, hopefully we'll be able to get new Plarail Thomas Merch by then.

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Super - 08-17-2021

@Mr No
Then the new chassis/motors are truly universal for Plarail. Smile

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Mister No - 08-18-2021

Well, for most of them, I guess. There are exceptions: new Shin-Keisei trains came with the old 1-speed C-battery motor:

[Image: IMG-20210818-133454.jpg]

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Trainboy90 Productions - 08-21-2021

I wonder what Plarail is planning for the 30th Anniversary of the Thomas range?

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Super - 08-21-2021

I wonder too T-Boy

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Collin Joe - 08-22-2021

I'm still hoping for a Pla-Rail Sonny, maybe we'll get one for the 30th anniversary, maybe we won't, who knows.