Blue Plastic Tracks
Nostalgia Unearthed - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Trackmaster Thomas and Friends (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Nostalgia Unearthed (/thread-2774.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - trevor369 - 10-30-2017

you get my point, and many of my colleagues points.

if 1 was looking at jeremy as just a plane..

1 would have to call this plane as a passenger plane.
i mean it has windows....-right?
but why propellers? especially in this particular edition of motor road and rail?
an edition released in the 1990's

all the while knowing that passenger planes didn't exist prior to the 1960's

again.. a child born in approximately in 1985..
puts parents at a dob of early 1960's
and grandparents.. well you do the math.

i haven't even begun to address contracts between motor road and hit.

this is a bigger debate than you think.
it involves a lot more....

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - Off The Rails - 10-30-2017

OK, let’s try to clear a few things up.

This set is based on the Thomas and Friends special “Calling All Engines”. Both boxes say that.

Both the special and this set were released in 2005, not in the 1990s.

The airplane and airport are based on the items that appear in that special.

Jeremy did not make his first appearance until 2006, in the episode Thomas and the Jet Plane. Yes, Jeremy is a jet and like most Thomas characters, he has a real-life basis. In this case, he’s based on a BAC One-Eleven.

None of this is based on personal theories, guesses or feelings. All this information is readily available on the net with very simple search engine queries.

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - sunhuntin - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 02:56 AM)MunchJrTrains Wrote: Gee, that might explain why there's no information about the movie on the box, other than mentioning the Two plot devices (The suspension bridge, and the airport, along with the accompanying building supplies) Also, Super, do you know why Thomas is depicted with two "M" trucks, instead of the Normal, Grey troublesome trucks that actually came with the set?

no idea why the "M" trucks, but he also came with one in the thomas and terence logging set. just a bit of useless info for you Big Grin

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - Tharazero1 - 10-30-2017

There’s is obviously some confusion here
There is only one variant of this set and that is the one with the propeller plane.
The propeller plane set was introduced in 2005 as with the calling all engines movie.

[Image: 185?cb=20140811101609]

[Image: latest?cb=20150124233558]

There is no such thing as a second variant of this set. The Jeremy variant you are all thinking of is actually a completely different set called Thomas and Jeremy airport set

[Image: latest?cb=20170812211945]
The differences are the propeller set is on top of the sodor airport flying around with the sodor airport just being a station[Image: 116641896_new-tomy-thomas-calling-all-en...n-set-.jpg]
The Jeremy set has a different sodor airport with it having a loop of track and then an inside loop of clear road also connecting to the station
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Now back to the original set, the propeller plane wasn’t in there to reference ww2 planes, but to accurately depict the scenes of the calling all engines movie in which the propeller plane makes an appearance in

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - trevor369 - 10-31-2017

ty to off the rails!

but in the books.. was jeremy always the jet engine?
wasn't he once called jeremy.. "the plane"?

regardless, why is he depicted as a propeller plane?

which brings us to the contract that was expiring between hit and motor road and rail.

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - Super - 10-31-2017

This is what is confusing me Trevor, where are you saying Jeremy is being depicted as a propeller plane?

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - Tharazero1 - 10-31-2017

(10-31-2017, 02:24 AM)trevor369 Wrote: regardless, why is he depicted as a propeller plane?
Jeremy has never been depicted as a propeller plane, the propeller plane is an entirely different plane

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - MuddyPoppins - 10-31-2017

Not to Muddy things up... (no pun intended)
...but there's also this very rare version!!
[Image: image.jpg]

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - MunchJrTrains - 10-31-2017

Is this Box art specific to any country?

RE: Nostalgia Unearthed - MuddyPoppins - 10-31-2017

I'm not sure about where the "Special Themed Edition" was distributed, but I think Jdogman would know though!