Blue Plastic Tracks
Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://blueplastictracks.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://blueplastictracks.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://blueplastictracks.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout (/showthread.php?tid=14)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - ripley802 - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 01:10 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks Ripley

I have gotten sidetracked from the latest video trying to finish all the mods I started and lately playing with learning how to use my new airbrush painting set.

I hear that. I still have several thing to get fixed up, sold, customized, etc.. Just seems like there are not enough hours in the day some times.

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Super - 04-03-2016

Introducing
"Hard Boiled"
The Hard Working Steam Shunter

After a year in the repair shed I introduce to you "Hard Boiled" ready to assume the duties of a steam shunter. Shown below pulling a long rake of wobble wagons on their way to the Caiden Town Train Yard. Can you guess who this train was before the remodel?

Starting off we have a deface with a boiler smokebox door, front facing cab windows, metal hand rails and metal buffers. Completely and painstakingly masked, airbrush paint job with a custom "Hard Boiled" logo emblazoned on the sides.

I quite like the way he turned out but I am thinking that my mods are a little too "pure" so my next projects will be me getting into weathering to give some trains that "dirty" working look. But that won't start until I have at least 2 videos in the can and uploaded.

[Image: 002_zpsapg3tvjh.jpg]

[Image: 004_zpsddkffrt3.jpg]

[Image: 019_zpscdlntfqp.jpg]

[Image: 007_zps77zhccx5.jpg]

[Image: 018_zpsfalt4psp.jpg]

[Image: 010_zpst5fjbjda.jpg]

[Image: 013_zpslleqlmzj.jpg]

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - ripley802 - 04-03-2016

Very cool Super. I love the mods. I was thinking of trying some type of weathering too. Probably will be awhile so I look forward to yours. Is this from the 2009 Ben you had mentioned in another thread?

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Super - 04-03-2016

Thanks Ripley and yes it is Ben.

I have been watching tons of videos on weathering models on YouTube and there is just as many different techniques as there are videos. I thing I will first try it on some rolling stock to get some experience.

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Ucwepn - 04-03-2016

Super that is stunning my friend! WOW!

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Super - 04-04-2016

Thanks Ucwepn Smile

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Aresedale productions - 04-05-2016

Here's a idea for a custom deface a trackmaster/tomy Emily and paint it dark blue or deface a plarail Ryan and paint it green

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Super - 04-05-2016

Thanks NewDuck

Actually the deface of Tomy Emily intrigues me even though I dislike the "pushed" engines that are driven by their tenders. I will look into my brain to see what kind of ideas I can contrive for her. Thanks for the suggestion. Not interested in a Ryan deface as he is Revolution and I am not into that line at all.

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - ripley802 - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 11:38 AM)Super Wrote: Thanks NewDuck

Actually the deface of Tomy Emily intrigues me even though I dislike the "pushed" engines that are driven by their tenders. I will look into my brain to see what kind of ideas I can contrive for her. Thanks for the suggestion. Not interested in a Ryan deface as he is Revolution and I am not into that line at all.

There is always the new Plarail Ryan. I think that is the one that newduck was referring to. Smile but not sure if I were to get the Plarail one I could bring myself to do anything to it. Emily is one I was thinking about too. I also have a "close shave" duck that is in need of something.

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Super - 04-05-2016

Oh thats right...the yet to be released Skiff set by Plarail is a Ryan. Only problem I have is that personally, is that, when stripped down, most of the Thomas and Friends Tank engines look similar. So without the characters faces a complete customization wouldn't look much different. That being said, my last mod was from Ben which broke that rule as he doesn't resemble the norm.

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Super - 04-18-2016

Crazy for Customs Pt 1 of 3

Crazy for Customs is of all our customized, modified trains. Every one of these 18 Engines have been physically modified in one way or another. From smokebox doors to complete customs. I broke this up into 3 videos so as not to bore you. Part 1 & 2 will show the trains in action and Part 3 will be a slideshow with still pictures and an explanation of what was done with each in the description box below the video. For now I will leave you with the names of these customs

Union Pacific
Purple People Eater
CSX
Salt Substitute
Hybrid Diesel
Grey Ghost
Skyliner
Amtrak
Santa Fe Super Chief
First Responders Tribute Train
Too Black
The Menace
B & O Diesel
Was-A-Whiff
Polar Express
Mr. Werx
Hard Boiled
ConRail

Stay tuned for Part 2

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - ripley802 - 04-18-2016

Amazing layout and customs Super. Very nice job..

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - ActionChugger - 04-18-2016

Nice Super!
Love those girder caps. makes the tracks look neat. Cool
Evan wants your blue monorail. DodgyBlush

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Super - 04-19-2016

Thanks fellas

Yes, those girder caps are great and one of my most favorite purchases and pieces of the layout. (thanks Plarnold) I agree with Evan, the blue (Resort Express) Monorail is my favorite. I will be listing the Yellow one on Ebay eventually and just keep the blue and the red ones.

RE: Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout - Ucwepn - 04-19-2016

Very nice as always!