Blue Plastic Tracks
My ERTL track layout - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: ERTL Thomas range (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: My ERTL track layout (/thread-355.html)

My ERTL track layout - Jaytrain1 - 07-07-2014

Not really sure where to put this, but since it's the ERTL track system I'm using, well...

I set up the Midgetoy trains I told you guys about! I found the ERTL's curves to be large enough to accommodate most of them, so...

[Image: 002-1024x576.jpg]

Most of the trains were bought from the company in 2001, except for the train with the yellow and red coaches(that was gotten off ebay a few months back). The cars, trucks, camper and little plastic gas pump were little bonuses the company threw in. The crossing signs were some other different stuff.

Another view...

[Image: 010-1024x576.jpg]

The ones on the foreground track were ones I had since the late '80s-early 90s, and I set them up as a scrap line! As you can see, they work rather well on the ERTL track, but that diesel freight train doesn't do the curves as well because of its design, so I usually just put it on straight stretches.

RE: My ERTL track layout - Ucwepn - 07-07-2014

Very nice and rare trains, great job!

RE: My ERTL track layout - sunhuntin - 07-07-2014

looks great!! thanks for the pics.

RE: My ERTL track layout - Super - 07-07-2014

Excellent setup and a perfect table for the layout. Maybe I have asked you about this before but I am curious about the white board on the wall. Is that a collection of train related magnets? If it is, maybe you could post up a closer picture in the "Show Us Your Other Stuff" thread for all to see. If not or I have bothered you about this before then....nevermind. Because my mind is mush after the Holiday weekend.

[Image: 010-1024x576_zpsa69e1042.jpg]

RE: My ERTL track layout - Jaytrain1 - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 04:52 PM)Super Wrote: Maybe I have asked you about this before but I am curious about the white board on the wall. Is that a collection of train related magnets?

Somebody did, so...

[Image: 004-576x1024.jpg]

Here are a few older shots of it...

RE: My ERTL track layout - Super - 07-07-2014

Is that 2 different boards you have there. That is a very neat thing to collect. I could picture a great collection like this in Sunhuntins clubhouse kitchen completely covering their fridge. I especially like the ones that come from a particular place like the large one from Kennesaw Georga.

I have always wanted to get a remake of that famous meeting of the two railroads in Promontory Point, Utah May 10th 1869 to complete the Transcontinental Railroad across the USA. Hmmm...now that I see yours I might have to start a search for one. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

BTW...I resized your last 2 pictures so we don't have to scroll to see everything. Generally if you keep your pictures to 960 pixels or less in width they won't need the scroll bar.

RE: My ERTL track layout - Jaytrain1 - 07-08-2014

Thanks, and no, it's one board, I just moved it. You can tell the magnets are the same.

RE: My ERTL track layout - sunhuntin - 07-09-2014

super, good idea, but our little bar fridge is completely naked! magnets wouldnt stay nice for very long. the kitchen is also used for washing paint brushes and containers used for paint or plaster mixing. dirty water gets everywhere as the tap has two speeds... off or niagara falls. lmao.

RE: My ERTL track layout - emilyfan101 - 07-09-2014

(07-07-2014, 02:53 AM)Jaytrain1 Wrote: Not really sure where to put this, but since it's the ERTL track system I'm using, well...

I set up the Midgetoy trains I told you guys about! I found the ERTL's curves to be large enough to accommodate most of them, so...

[Image: 002-1024x576.jpg]

Most of the trains were bought from the company in 2001, except for the train with the yellow and red coaches(that was gotten off ebay a few months back). The cars, trucks, camper and little plastic gas pump were little bonuses the company threw in. The crossing signs were some other different stuff.

Another view...

[Image: 010-1024x576.jpg]

The ones on the foreground track were ones I had since the late '80s-early 90s, and I set them up as a scrap line! As you can see, they work rather well on the ERTL track, but that diesel freight train doesn't do the curves as well because of its design, so I usually just put it on straight stretches.

where's the diesel freight train in the pictureHuh