Blue Plastic Tracks
Something for the Future World Collection - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Show Us What You Bought (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Something for the Future World Collection (/thread-3914.html)

Pages: 1 2

Something for the Future World Collection - Super - 12-11-2019

Here is something that just arrived for the Future World Collection / Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Tomica Division Its pretty kewl.

[Image: DSCN3926.jpg] [Image: DSCN3927.jpg]

RE: Something for the Future World Collection - Nigels - 12-11-2019

Hmmm, nice, I didn't know you were doing Hot Wheels as well? Smile

RE: Something for the Future World Collection - leylandvictory2 - 12-12-2019

what are those black thingy sticking out in front of the wing?

RE: Something for the Future World Collection - Off The Rails - 12-12-2019

That’s pretty darn cool!

RE: Something for the Future World Collection - Super - 12-12-2019

(12-11-2019, 11:46 PM)Nigels Wrote: Hmmm, nice, I didn't know you were doing Hot Wheels as well? Smile

Well I wouldn't consider myself as a 'Collector'...more of a 'Gatherer' LOL. I do have over 200 with most of them being Tomica. I am pretty much attracted to the unusual, rare or branded vehicles. I have Tomica Storage Cases full. Each drawer holds 10 t0 12 vehicles, even more if on their side, and I also have 2 of these neat wooden showcases one of which (the upstairs one) I had to take down because my 2 young Granddaughters couldn't keep their hands off of. What I especially like about these wooden display cases is they have a sliding, clear, poly-carbonate cover so the shelves and vehicles don't get dusty.

[Image: DSCN3937.jpg]   [Image: DSCN3939.jpg]

(12-12-2019, 01:52 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: what are those black thingy sticking out in front of the wing?

Those black levers activate an action on the Plane. While looking for this video I came across the same Tomica Plane but in the Cars 2 movie theme which I didn't know about. Wish I would have known before purchasing this one but, this one is fine for the Future World Collection Division of Tomica/Hot Wheel/Matchbox.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: Something for the Future World Collection - Finno - 12-13-2019

This plane is awesome. I like the ANA livery myself (All Nippon Airways).

RE: Something for the Future World Collection - Finno - 12-14-2019

You wouldn't read about it but I just today stumbled across another variant in Tomica Airlines livery. This one in Toys R Us in Singapore.

[Image: Tomica-Airlines.jpg]

RE: Something for the Future World Collection - Super - 12-14-2019

There do seem to be many variations of this plane.

RE: Something for the Future World Collection - sunhuntin - 12-14-2019

one thing tomy appears to have always been good at is many variations of the same thing.

i recently picked up a wind up cassette tape player from the 80s/90s. there are two variations in case color, and i think i worked out at least 12 variations of button color arrangement. and each button has the function moulded into it, so its not a case of the workers just chucking a color anywhere they liked, it was done specifically.

RE: Something for the Future World Collection - Super - 12-14-2019

And its fun trying to research all the variations of a particular toy too.