Blue Plastic Tracks
Mister No's Pics & Vids - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mister No's Pics & Vids (/thread-3945.html)

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Off The Rails - 09-19-2020

Very cool! The 300-series are among my favorite.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 09-19-2020

It seems the 300 is everyone's favorite...

[Image: IMG-20200113-112852.jpg]

I like it too, make no mistake, but the 1000's are cool too, with two speeds and wonderful sounds... Unlike my other sound trains they have starting sounds (when you turn the sound unit on) - whistle, doors. Horn is also great, just like the real trains.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 09-19-2020

Another great production Mr-No.

I probably should remember this but is the Enoden with the yellow wheels the oldest?

Who are these characters?

[Image: Untitioled.jpg]

Thank you, Super!
Enoden with the yellow wheels is Enoden Tram:

[Image: IMG-20200124-005636.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200124-004220.jpg]

The inscription on the bottom of the vehicle: "TOMY © 1997 Tomy; Made in Thailand".

There is another Enoden Tram with the gray wheels, but I think this one is older. Also there are other trams of this type, just with different liveries - the Hakone Tozan, some Tokyo streetcars etc.

You have eye for details, Super! Frankly, I don't remember where I got the little guys on the platform, but I think they must have been in the surprise eggs, or something like that... Smile They may be from some series of characters, but I don't know which one.

[Image: IMG-20200919-123236.jpg]

The blue truck behind them is an interesting item though. It's an old Tomica World vehicle [©1993 Tomy; Made in China] I bought some fifteen years ago and didn't open the package. But when I opened it (last year), the truck (with already installed battery) was working just fine! Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Off The Rails - 09-19-2020

Thanks for that information Mr No. I was a bit uncertain about the Enoden tram with yellow wheels myself.

Since I’m a fan of streetcars, trams, light rail and interurban lines, I really enjoy watching your videos and the focus you put on those types of trains.

Thank you, Off The Rails. I like this type of trains too. They look good and pretty realistic as Plarail models. In my opinion some Shinkansens, for example, do not: it's hard to make a model of such long cars in Plarail dimensions... But smaller trains, like Enodens and many other trams and commuters, look realistic enough. Although, the green color on the new types (500 & 1000) is a bit too dark, but the models look really great.

Tomy produced many types of trams, old and modern, but I think this is one of the oldest. I don't think this one represents any Enoden train type, though. They just made a general mold and colored the models differently. So we have trams (yellow, green), Enodens, trains in Hakone Tozan color scheme and maybe some more - based on the same streetcar model.

I found online only one older (real) Enoden train with bow collector (as this model has), but it's a solo electric car and it looks different than this model (even the bow collector is different). They obviously tried to make it look like Enoden 300 (they even put the real Enoden 300 photo on the box), but it's not Enoden 300; later they made a correct model of this train. Nevertheless, the Enoden Tram is cool, and it rings! Wink

[Image: IMG-20200123-234823.jpg]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 09-20-2020

Wow...you have had that blue gravel dump truck new for that long and the battery didn't corrode...that is fantastic. I know they made it in one other color (green) but haven't seen any other versions.

Thanks Mr No.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 09-20-2020

I don't remember how I got this blue Nissan truck, it was at least 15 years ago. At that time, I had only my old Thomas & Friends trains, Berty and Lorry1, so I didn't really need this truck. Therefore the truck stayed in it's original packaging for all this years. 

[Image: IMG-20200920-130852.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200920-131109.jpg]

(Left front light is OK, don't know what went wrong with this picture)

[Image: IMG-20200920-131123.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200920-132705.jpg]

The battery was pre-installed (why they do that?) and when I finally opened the packaging, the truck worked (!) so he appeared in a short scene in my Freight Trains Video  (at 11:30) last April. Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 09-20-2020

According to our Motorized Vehicle List, this is a "Dump Truck 1993 Motor Tomica" with a number of "TW-9", is that what yours says?

I am not sure if this type packaging was released anywhere else but I do know they had it in the UK and not in Japan.

I believe the identical Green Dump Truck was released in 1993 also but in Japan.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 09-20-2020

All my old fleet is from the UK, so this one should be too.

The inscription on the back side of the packaging (in 6 different languages) is:

"7474 DUMP TRUCK Motorised die-cast vehicle from the Tomica World road and rail system."

But on the bottom of the truck:

MOTOR TOMICA

TW-09
DUMP TRUCK

© 1993 TOMY

MADE IN CHINA