Blue Plastic Tracks
Mister No's Pics & Vids - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mister No's Pics & Vids (/thread-3945.html)

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 10-14-2020

Hmmm...now I don't see these pictures...is it only me?

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 10-14-2020

I see the pictures on my computer, but not on my phone. Strange. 
Here are the links to their pages on fandom. The pictures of the real Salty (BR Class 07 diesel shunter; D2991) and Mavis (BR Class 04 0-6-0 diesel locomotive) are at the bottom of the pages:

Salty

Mavis

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 10-14-2020

I changed the pictures in your original Post above, where those what you intended to be there Mr-No?

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 10-14-2020

These are the pictures of real Salty and Mavis, yes. 
The texts about the basis for the two engines is now gone too, but it can be found on ttte.fandom if someone is interested.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 10-15-2020

I am sorry Mr-No, I must have deleted that text when I was re-uploading the pictures. Where is it located on the Fandom site?

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 10-15-2020

No problem, Super. I found the information about the basis for the models in the section "Technical details" of the ttte.fandom pages for Salty and Mavis.

In answering OTR, I just said I never really thought of Thomas & Friends engines being modeled after real trains, but they are. There are some modeled after a particular engine that is a member of some class of engines. 

For example, according to ttte.fandom.com, Salty is based on a BR Class 07 diesel shunter. The number he has, D2991, is a real BR number belonging to a member of the class; built in 1962, this locomotive escaped the cutter's torch by becoming a static generator at Eastleigh Railway Works and is still working there under the ownership of Knights Rail Services as of March 2007. This class of locomotives worked at Southampton Docks, where they replaced the older SR USA (Rosie's class) and LB&SCR E2 (Thomas' class) tank engines.

Mavis is a based on a BR Class 04 0-6-0 diesel locomotive. She is more specifically based on the BR Class 04's that worked on the Wisbech and Upwell Tramway, as they were fitted with additional cowcatchers and side plates so they could run near public roads. Twenty of these locomotives are preserved, including one "tramway" example.

For me, those engines were always my little friends, but I just realized most of them have basis in real locomotives.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Finno - 10-16-2020

(10-13-2020, 06:07 PM)Mister No Wrote: Mavis and Salty are working at the Ffarquhar quarries, so for this one I had to make a quarry! Hope you like it! Big Grin

Another great video Mr No. What software are you using for your titles and video editing? Your titles look really nice.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 10-16-2020

Thanks, Finno! I really enjoy in making these videos!

I take photos and videos with my phone (Xiaomi Mi 9T), format the pictures to 16:9, and then, if the picture needs titling, I download it to my computer, and add titles (and make the cover) in IrfanView 64. I use mostly the Bahnschrift font, because it's clear and readable, has many condensing and bolding options... and it also has the word Railroad (Ger. Bahn=Railroad) in it! Big Grin

Then I upload photos to my phone again and mix the pictures and video-parts with the editing program (YouCut). Then I add video-titles (if needed) from the video-editor (mostly Bebas font and some Lobster for "The End" & such), and finally I add some YT Audio Library or icons8 music to the video. And that's about it.

Actually, I'm a real greenhorn when it comes to making videos and editing, and I'm doing this just for fun (I don't monetize my videos), so for now that's the best I can do! Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 10-16-2020

[Image: E01.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201016-170425.jpg]

[Image: E03.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201015-195618.jpg]

Note on Emily's wagon: Tomy now sells Emily with a break van, but this is her original coach. Actually, in the series she has two of them. After saving Oliver, Emily was given two six-wheeled green and cream coloured coaches. Emily's Coaches are based on Six-wheeled Clerestory Roof Coaches used on the Great Western Railway. However, the coaches' models are modified moulds of the Tenmille LB&SCR 4-wheeled coaches.

[Image: IMG-20201016-171640.jpg]

[Image: E08.jpg]

Here is Emily's video:

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - MuddyPoppins - 10-17-2020

Very nice!! She is nice engine to watch run isn’t she?..that oversized trademark rear wheel has always added to her special appeal.
Funny though that you chose to run a tender driven engine! Lol