Blue Plastic Tracks
Mister No's Pics & Vids - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mister No's Pics & Vids (/thread-3945.html)

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 09-15-2021

Everything's fine, just relax, Super. Reverse function is working quite well. Two speed forward, one speed reverse. Big Grin

And it has another (rather different and unique) option: you can stop your train whenever and wherever you want - even in the middle of the slope (which you can't do without that special chassis), because the wheels of that special chassis won't move until you actually move the train (forward or reverse) with the controller. When the train is not moving (or better: when it's not operated with the controller), the wheels are also non-movable.

That's how I managed to make pictures of the train on the steep Dokidoki slope without the train scramble down that slope:

[Image: IMG-20210912-163418.jpg]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 09-15-2021

What I really wish Plarail did was a Remote Controller that was small, hand held, and the only function was 2 Speed Forward, 1 Speed Back. The controller could be as small as the little ones Trackmaster made years ago or maybe the size small pistol grip R/C Car controller. Something small like this would be great for making Videos with rather than the big consoles.

[Image: s-lu1600.jpg]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 09-15-2021

You're absolutely right, Super, but I think Tomy didn't have in mind an old knucklehead like me shooting videos when they made this controller! Big Grin

They designed a toy for a child that can steer a train in a way most similar to the real thing. That’s why the controller handle resembles a real handle on a train, there’s that fake microphone, sounds, etc. Everything is made to mimic the real situation on a train. Kids (of all ages) love that! But the controller is not heavy, though a bit awkward, if you want to record video while driving a train, that’s undeniably true. It would certainly be good to have a smaller remote control as well! Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 09-17-2021

Today I received a package from Muddy... 

[Image: IMG-20210916-162025.jpg]

Thank you, Muddy Poppins! 
[Image: 1F68B.png] Heart

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 09-17-2021

Its a good thing you didn't open it...that would surely have ruined that beautiful blue building that looks great in your Layout. Big Grin

Angel

And here they are... 

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-01.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-02.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-03.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-04.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-05.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-06.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-07.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-08.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-09.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-10.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-11.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-12.jpg]

[Image: TOKYO-TODEN-13.jpg]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 09-18-2021

Is that trick videography having the Pull Back Tram stopping perfectly on the opposing rail Station next to the Toden.

That Kansai Toden is pretty fast. I wonder if the AA Mr Motorman would fit in these?

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 09-18-2021

Pullback Hiroshima Tram stopped at that station so perfectly because I tested it a few times before I shot the scene, where from exactly should I start it! That's the trick! Big Grin

Toden is fast, but its speed matches the speed of Plarail's Tokyo Sakura Tram! Big Grin 

The chassis that came with my controller can't fit in that little tram (not without extensive customizing I'm not capable of). Note also that the switch is on the opposite side of Plarail models. (ON/OFF positions are different, too: the tram is started by pulling the switch back.)

[Image: IMG-20210918-153450.jpg]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 09-18-2021

The AA Mr Motorman might work but it may be too squarish to fit.

[Image: 10196429a2.jpg]