Blue Plastic Tracks
Mister No's Pics & Vids - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mister No's Pics & Vids (/thread-3945.html)

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 10-07-2021

What can I say? I really needed that airport...  Blush Angel Big Grin

[Image: IMG-20211007-151434.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211007-140505.jpg]

Not only for Thomas; it will serve nicely for other trains too, i.e. Hong Kong Airport Express! Smile

I wanted the airport, but the one with Jeremy and long runway is too big for my layout: I would have to remove some existing elements, and/or rearrange a large part of it, but for now I'm satisfied with the appearance of my layout. This less space-demanding type of airport is therefore just fine. I waited for quite some time for that set to appear on eBay for a reasonable price and all elements (and working airport, of course). This one has two working modes: you can start the plane by moving that little blue  button/switch next to the airport-building, or with the stop-rail. In the latter case, the plane starts spinning at the moment the train stops at the stop-track. The airport uses 1 C battery.

Other elements of this 2005 set are also nice and usable: the suspending bridge, classic shed, grey bridge pillar and piers. I didn't have this kind of paint barrels either, they are also nice! Really great set! This is the kind of sets I wish Tomy is releasing nowadays...! Smile

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 10-08-2021

This is a perfect fit for your Layout Mr No and you have a great spot for it in your village Smile

On another note:...I love the ceiling in your Loft Man Cave.

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 10-08-2021

My dad renovated this ceiling. He left roof beams visible in this room only (it was his atelier), and I like it! Smile

The airport was there just for this picture. This is the center of the layout that must be empty, otherwise I wouldn't have access to remoted parts of the layout. Also, when I play with multiple trains, it's a good place to sit down because I can reach all the important switches from there! Big Grin

Two interesting facts about that airport building: (1) The base of the building is, for whatever reason, approx. 3 mm wider on one side, which successfully disables the connection of certain elements. But I'll manage.

[Image: IMG-20211008-155029.jpg]

(Due to the shooting angle in the photo above, it seems that such an "extension" exists on the other side as well. It is not there, however, so, for example, this station can be connected on the other side.)

(2) The fonts used on the airport pictured on the box, and the font used on the actual building, are different. I like the "older" font on the building better; they used modern font (Arial) on the picture. Smile

[Image: IMG-20211008-154945.jpg]

I do like what your Father did with that ceiling.

Looks like the building came out to be a fraction too long for a typical 8.5" length of Tomy track with that bump out.

The building has a battery compartment below. Maybe that's why it's a little longer on that side? Still, I think they could have made it completely in standard length (one flat rail) so that it fits into every other element...

[Image: SAGAMI-SOTETSU-NASLOVNICA.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211003-182819.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211003-182939.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211003-183151.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211003-183634.jpg]

Oh, wow...Is this the only Commuter Plarail Train that has working head lights?

One thing I wish Plarail would do with their Commuters  and coaches altogether is, to have both front and back detailed doors between the coaches like the red doors on this model

(10-08-2021, 03:27 PM)Super Wrote: Oh, wow...Is this the only Commuter Plarail Train that has working head lights?

I always wondered why so many Shinkansens have working headlights, but commuter trains don't... 
There are some metro trains with Plarail lights (Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line, Tokyo Metro Ginza Line 1000, Tokyo Metro Ginza Line 01, Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line 02), then some Limited Express trains (like Odakyu RomanceCar), but lights are mostly reserved for Shinkansens. Now when you mentioned it, I can't recall any other commuter train with headlights...

(10-08-2021, 03:27 PM)Super Wrote: One thing I wish Plarail would do with their Commuters  and coaches altogether is, to have both front and back detailed doors between the coaches like the red doors on this model

They did a good job with Hong Kong MTR:

[Image: IMG-20211008-173650.jpg]

...and with Series 103 especially:

[Image: Plarail-Series-103-Keihin-Tohoku-Line.jpg]

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Super - 10-09-2021

I can't say I agree with you on the MTR having a detail end but the Series 103 is perfect but I am going to assume that the 3 ends we don't see are plain and not so detailed like the majority (not all) of Plarail trains..

RE: Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids - Mister No - 10-09-2021

True, the front and back of the MTR aren’t exactly detailed, but at least the “protrusion” that represents the door is painted, which I really like. If other trains had such a painted door, it would already be a detail that contributes to the look of the model.

As for the 103 Series, I don’t have that train, but on every train I’ve seen in videos like this, all the sides are beautifully crafted, with a lot of detail. What a great commuter train! Why don't they re-release that one? Big Grin