Blue Plastic Tracks
Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum (/thread-4035.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - Super - 04-06-2020

Love those Tin Type Monorails. Are they all battery powered or are some clockwork?

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - violater - 04-06-2020

@chrisjo They are part of the catalogues in the early 1960s.

@Super Battery powered, I heard that it could go up to 12 volts.

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - Super - 04-07-2020

12 volts...must be a plug in with a transformer right?

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - violater - 04-07-2020

I'm not sure about that, not even sure what kind of batteries are needed. Today the battery compartment is not even found in the internet.

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - violater - 04-07-2020

Honourable Mentions 6:

超特急ヒカリアン ブルーメタルカラー 南海ラピート Super Express Hikarian Blue Metal Color Nankai Rapito

Children these days won't know what is a Hikarian. These guys are the earliest Plarail transformers, ancestors of Shinkalion. (I'm not sure where this specific Hikarian is made, could be Japan since it is only distributed in Japan).
However, one monstrous rarity Hikarian exists at extreme expected price of more than 50000 yen at new condition. I'm not sure about the details myself, but it is so scarce that the highest end price at one point in time was 250000 yen. The box is white all over, with the children small parts warning.

It is a not for sale item as the grand winning prize of the "Televi-Kun" children's magazine. However Televi-Kun issued a magazine for Hikarian only once, making the distribution of this Hikarian exclusive to the magazine release. I heard that this magazine release is only available in one part of Japan. Lucky winners are almost not guaranteed, and number of winners are not published in the following issue.

If you think you can easily win one now, think again. There are many Hikarian fans who would give up every single thing in their life to resurrect the Hikarian animated series and make high quality modifications of existing Hikarian products. These fans are crazy, and no one would stand in their way to do anything Hikarian. In fact there are several failed projects under development again just last year, and development is not foreseen to stop anytime. Hikarian circles will be crazy to buy all the existing Blue Metal Nankai in the auctions, and competition for such a "toy" is one of the toughest in history.

[Image: i-img480x640-1586273620yprn1017686.jpg][Image: i-img480x640-1586273846hanlem17559.jpg][Image: i-img480x640-1586273886gzw57c18274.jpg][Image: i-img480x640-15862739008q4ezb17822.jpg][Image: i-img480x640-1586273906xkmume1384.jpg]

The similar white box design is seen in the Gold Plated Panorama Car with Red Chassis and some Clear Coloured Shinkansens today. It could have been a true phantom gem, but Hikarian series falls under the red TOMY logo at 1995 so it is instead an honourable mention.

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - violater - 04-09-2020

Phantom Gem 59: Yellow EF-15 With 1 Deck

Now we will explore deeper in the existing phantom gem: the Cross Hanebashi Set.
There is actually an EF-15 with only 1 deck. Normally EF-15 has 2 decks. The rear deck is missing.
Imagine looking at the front side of ED-70. But this time looking at the back side of EF-15.

[Image: 11111.png][Image: 22222.png][Image: 555.png]
          Our team's Set            BigLobe Plarail Musuem's Set

[Image: 22222.png]
As seen in the box art, the yellow EF-15 has 2 decks. This time my group's set has only 1 deck.

Yellow EF-15 and ED-70 are extremely difficult to find compared to their counterparts, namely the "red & light grey EF-15" and "green ED-70". It seems the production of yellow are much lower than these 2 counterparts.

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - Super - 04-09-2020

Thats a shame. does your EF-15 look like they sawed off the deck? Also your set looks to be missing that Pole thing (I always forget the name) on the Station Platform or did it just fall off but still in the box?

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - violater - 04-10-2020

It is actually originally like that when it is first found. It is true the the plastic had no sawed off marks because the team leader got it at brand new condition before our team was established. Pole thing, yes I forgot the name too, that is broken off. These countryside stations (Inaka No Eki) have high possibility of missing parts, mainly the tree, WC toilet, and the signboard.

We won't post modified Plarail here. So assurance is guaranteed that all the Plarail listed here are original. (for example, Furano Express with ANA headmark is a factory error product, so it could be listed here too)

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - Super - 04-10-2020

Wow...so it is confirmed that the EF-15 was actually released by Plarail like that with no front deck? Would it be first edition? Are there any in real life like that? Might it have originally been made like that because of the front switch. Sorry for all the questions but I am learning so much from you and the Team.

RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - violater - 04-10-2020

No, its the rear deck. (as coupler is seen)
Definitely not first edition, because EF-15 follow the same mold from the earliest EF-15. (hopefully not confirmation bias here, I'm scared to confirm this myself because EF-15 has a total of 3 generations known at the moment)
Not sure whether there are some in real life.
This place is to ask questions so keep them coming.