Blue Plastic Tracks
Recent FB purchase - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Show Us What You Bought (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Recent FB purchase (/thread-4079.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Recent FB purchase - bijomaru78 - 06-13-2020

New FB purchase ? sorting and cleaning tomorrow.

[Image: 252-A8653-FB35-4-A86-9-CDE-473-A7-F9-AEEAC.jpg]

[Image: E0367-FF1-D26-D-42-B8-97-ED-5-F5208861-EA7.jpg]

RE: Recent FB purchase - DalaGStanator - 06-13-2020

Oh, more Vintage TOMY (a.k.a. Tomytrain)! Honestly, the dark blue track had a better colour than the current style (though it still doesn't top the grey ones like Supes has). I didn't remember them having what looks to be automatic points (unless that's the direction tab). Among other things, I see an InterCity 125 shell and a Henry tender. It shall be nice to see how you'd use your LEGO to take advantage of the studs and alter some rolling stock in design and appearance. Now that you have all this, would you consider building vintage layouts like the Plarail ones? I wonder what your son thinks of that era and if he'd be interested enough. Personally, you should build roofs for the trains to avoid using the figures (which could easily be replaced with minifigs). Hopefully the engines will last long enough.

RE: Recent FB purchase - bijomaru78 - 06-13-2020

The current layout we're building is Thomas-themed, although we only have 2 working trains from that range. I guess the next one will be Vintage trains but need to get them tested first. At the moment he does really care as long as they are trains. He recognises some (like Thomas, James, Dr Yellow - which we don't have).

That is an automated 3 way junction which I was surprised to see, but it's exactly like the light-blue one we have. Not sure what else is in there, but the lego compatible pieces will be interesting for sure. We definitely tend to mix up our toys a bit, so you'll see some Plarail / Lego / Hotwheels action soon.

RE: Recent FB purchase - Super - 06-13-2020

Very nice load Bijo. I am curious about one wagon circled below. Sunhuntin has a new in box set with the work wagons but I can't see what that orange wagon is.

[Image: 252-A8653-FB35-4-A86-9-CDE-473-A7-F9-AEEAC.jpg]

https://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/vintage-tomy-boxed-sets.html

[Image: Unttryuitled.jpg]

RE: Recent FB purchase - chrisjo - 06-14-2020

(06-13-2020, 08:35 PM)Super Wrote:  Sunhuntin has a new in box set with the work wagons but I can't see what that orange wagon is.

They are the same thing, parts of it lift up / swivel around.

RE: Recent FB purchase - Super - 06-14-2020

Yes but what is it?

RE: Recent FB purchase - bijomaru78 - 06-14-2020

I'll be cleaning those today. Need to work out how the elevator works as well. I can see two magnets in the base but nothing in the stairs.

Also, just picked up another bag of stuff, mainly for the flexible track pieces. I paid £10 for the load, which is great considering one of those tracks on eBay is £10 alone.

I think I'm addicted ?

[Image: FF981726-73-BF-4-BA7-B301-D396107606-C6.jpg]

[Image: F5-E6-D6-B5-C202-47-EC-A1-C7-CB1-FA314-A772.jpg]

RE: Recent FB purchase - Super - 06-14-2020

[Image: mr-burns-evil-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif] Our plan is working

RE: Recent FB purchase - bijomaru78 - 06-15-2020

Ok finally cleaned and sorted the £20 box of vintage trains. Here are all the rails and accessories included. The station set was cleaned separately so will post that tomorrow once it’s built. Sadly the escalator stairs aren’t working. I took it apart to see what’s wrong. Unfortunately the small plastic cogs in the spring mechanism are broken. Can still be used in a manual way.

One of the trains isn’t running so need to get some spare motors ordered from eBay and will get to repairs.

[Image: AE7-DA868-9-EBA-4308-8-E06-ACE40-C5-E00-B7.jpg]

RE: Recent FB purchase - Super - 06-15-2020

You know what the best part of the entire picture is.....that great smile on your son's face. Smile

What is this 'escalator' you are referring to???