Blue Plastic Tracks
Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) (/thread-4338.html)

Pages: 1 2

Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - Mister No - 12-26-2020

Two beautiful trains: Possible new releases for 2021?

[Image: Kotoden1.jpg]

[Image: Kotoden2.jpg]

Mrs. Suzukawa Ayako appeared in a video of Mr. Kururi; here is her video, with the building of the layout for the event: くるり「コトコトことでん」のMVに出演!ことでんプラレールも特別製作!MV撮影裏側

And the event was the recording of a musical video for a song (Ukuri - Kotokoton). The motive of the song is Kotoden Takamatsu Electric Railway. Plarail models of Kotohira line 1080  and Shido line 600 trains are, seemingly, made by Takara Tomy exclusive for the shooting of this video:

The trains look exquisite, with a lot of little details, and I really hope Tomy will include them in their production line in the coming year...

RE: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - Super - 12-26-2020

Very detailed indeed. Nice finds Mr No. I would wager you are correct and these will be released at some time. Whether they are a general retail release or site specific is something we will have to wait for. I love when looking down the sides that you see so much embossing which is far more pleasing than a flat surface.

RE: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - Mister No - 12-26-2020

Oh, yes! Every door and window, the lights, destination board... everything is carefully embossed and painted. Just look at the lights on the red train, and the protruding car number! Really excellent work. Let's hope that will be the case if they are going to be produced for the market...

But, if they are going to be commercialized some time, these two will be mine, even if I have to go to the station master of the Kataharamachi Station to buy them!! Big Grin

[Image: Kotoden3.jpg]

[Image: Kotoden4.jpg]

RE: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - plarnold - 12-28-2020

They said the two trains were custom made for the video. Sad

-plarnold

RE: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - Super - 12-28-2020

[Image: omg-shocked.gif]

Those are customs??? Wow..they look factory made, perfect.

RE: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - Mister No - 12-28-2020

As I noted before, they are made by Takara Tomy, for the purpose of making the musical video, according to the text in the description of Suzukawa's video.
But one can always hope.... Smile

RE: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - Mister No - 02-25-2021

Two new images of the beautiful Kotoden trains appeared recently in a YouTube video, so I thought I should put them here (hoping that Takara Tomy maybe could release these trains in the future...). Smile

[Image: Kotoden1.jpg]

[Image: Kotoden2.jpg]

RE: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - Super - 02-25-2021

It would seem strange that Takara/Tomy would go through all the trouble of designing, making molds and programming the machines to only put out these special trains just for a video if they wouldn't want to recoup those costs in a retail version at some point. Just seems like a whole lot of time and money for one of each train. If this were the case ....wonder how much these would sell for as a super rare, one off, trains that were also featured in a music video? [Image: show-me-the-money-smiley-emoticon.gif]

RE: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - Mister No - 02-25-2021

That's a good question... Takara Tomy is on the move: they could decide not to put them out, and let these fine models be a part of someone's precious family heirloom, or (because these two trains are obviously top notch design and quality) they could release them, and start a new "High-End-Plarail-Trains" era. I sincerely hope for the latter.

RE: Kotoden (Two Exclusive Trains) - MuddyPoppins - 02-25-2021

How about this one?
Do you know what it is?
[Image: BB394-E0-E-4127-4-C89-AE2-D-1930047-B4359.jpg]