Blue Plastic Tracks
All Engines Go NEWS - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: All Engines Go NEWS (/thread-4387.html)

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - ThomasSirHandel - 03-14-2022

Had this weird dream that my local Target started selling the 3rd Party TrackMasters because everyone hated AEG. But Rusty's face had the S4 size despite the official TM model having the S5 onward size.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - GreatGordonFan - 03-15-2022

There should be a thread about tm dreams because I actually had an interesting one yesterday

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Reivax - 03-15-2022

Maybe this is old news, but my kids decided to play a Thomas app game today that they used to play a lot, and after it updated all the engines in the game are now all engines go character designs.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - ThomasSirHandel - 03-16-2022

I think someone on Twitter saved the CGI version of that game

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - PerkyHydrAan - 03-16-2022

i strangely also have a trackmaster/tomy dream yesterday. coinncidence?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 03-23-2022

Launch and Loop Maintenance Yard Set - NEW PICTURES

To begin with, let's recall one photo of this set that has been available to us so far:

[Image: Motorized-Launchand-Loop-Maintenance-Yard.jpg]

Now we have, I suppose, the "official" pics of that set - and almost all elements differ from the earlier picture. It's like those "Find the Differences" puzzles from the magazines! Big Grin

Let's go:

[Image: Launch-and-Loop-Maintenance-Yard-Set1.jpg]

[Image: Launch-and-Loop-Maintenance-Yard-Set2.jpg]
[Image: Launch-and-Loop-Maintenance-Yard-Set3.jpg]
[Image: Launch-and-Loop-Maintenance-Yard-Set4.jpg]
[Image: Launch-and-Loop-Maintenance-Yard-Set5.jpg]

[Image: Launch-and-Loop-Maintenance-Yard-Set6.jpg]

So, what does the final version look like to you? At first glance, I'm a little disappointed. Somehow it seems to me that the wheel itself, i.e. the loop, looked better in conceptual design. The loop was a very interesting one-piece element, and now, obviously, it has to be assembled of several parts, and it doesn't look as good as it used to (weird joints?) What happened?

The green "launch track" has also changed, but that doesn't bother me that much. Giant handle is gone, now there's a more common handle (also a big one) coming out of the... little house or what? Well, ok, I can live with that. The end of track behind the switch was much more interesting before than now, though. 

The gray slopes are now, it seems to me, much lower, and the two on the "outer" track have been replaced by different (brown, and not that nice) elements. Big gray "bridge-like slopes" were better, I think. Those could actually be used as bridges under which a train can pass, which would be an interesting option when assembling your own layouts, but these are even half as low as the original design, so... And I was really hoping that with this set, as many as four high and steep new gray slopes would come as planned. This, obviously, will not happen.

How do you like it? What do you think of the changes?

According to Amazon.de the price will be €46.28.
August 2022

Talking Engines

[Image: TALKING-ENGINES.jpg]

Well, it was just a matter of time when the talking engines will appear in AEG, wasn't it? Smile

However, I am happy to see wagons of the right size for the first time. Finally!! Annie & Clarabel in the AEG size!! Big Grin

[Image: TALKING-ENGINES2.jpg]

Talking Thomas with Annie and Clarabel
I expect the middle wheels will appear in final version  Angry
[Image: TALKING-THOMAS-WITH-ANNIE-AND-CLARABEL.webp]

Talking Percy with Harold

[Image: TALKING-PERCY-WITH-HAROLD.webp]

Talking Nia with Troublesome Truck
[Image: TALKING-NIA-WITH-TROUBLESOME-TRUCK.webp]

Coming in July. ($22.99)

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 03-23-2022

Are these new talkers like the ones that talk to each other?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - PerkyHydrAan - 03-23-2022

Yes, but in different shape... i like the nia with colorful wheels!

I think they might talk to each other. The big red button is the same, so it looks it's the same system. But nothing is known for sure, at least I haven't seen any official description of these talkers anywhere yet.