Blue Plastic Tracks
All Engines Go NEWS - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: All Engines Go NEWS (/thread-4387.html)

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - GreatGordonFan - 09-03-2022

After 13 years, the cancelled flatbed with sailboat was finally released. 

[Image: 20220903-085949.jpg][Image: Track-Master-Hi-TToy-Company-Flat-Bedwith-Sail-Boat.jpg]

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-08-2022

FIRST SOME PICS OF THE NEW MOTORIZED SETS (AND THEIR BOXES)...

Percy's Cargo Adventure Set Box

[Image: Percy-Cargo-Adventure-Box.webp]

Percy 6-in-1 Set layouts:

[Image: PERCY-6-IN-1-SET.webp]

Thomas & Kana Cargo Race Set Box

[Image: THOMAS-AND-KANA-CARGO-RACE-SET-BOX.webp]

11388 cm? Really? 😁

Push Alongs:
Deep Sea Thomas PA Box

[Image: DEEP-SEA-THOMAS-PA-BOX.webp]
Lookout Mountain PA Engines

[Image: LOOKOUT-MOUNTAIN-PA-ENGINES-1.webp]

[Image: LOOKOUT-MOUNTAIN-PA-ENGINES-2.webp]

[Image: LOOKOUT-MOUNTAIN-PA-ENGINES-3.webp]

Nice & colourful. Another tool for Sandy and another fabulous Diesel's face! Is that "Adventure Thomas" presented a few days ago? And is that Darcy coming back in AEG PA series? 

NEW MOTORIZED ENGINES - COMEBACKS!!

Ashima

[Image: Ashima-AEG-Motorized.webp]
Salty
[Image: Salty-AEG-Motorized.webp]
I'm so happy about Salty! He looks absolutely great, and he's one of my favourite characters! Everyone can find himself in Thomas & Friends characters (or in their combinations)... I studied their personalities years ago, and I found myself in a combination of Salty, Toby and Edward (older, somewhat insecure, but still cheerful fellow). What's yours? Which T&F character (or combination of characters) best suits your character and personality? 😉

Anyway, in my opinion, AEG is getting better and better... The new engines are so lovely, so full of details (no stickers!!), and the sets become bigger and more interesting. I feel like I'm becoming a five-year-old again. When you're 55, that's not necessarily a bad thing... 😊

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Super - 09-08-2022

They sure are pumping out the items and huge sets...must be the "C" word coming 😁

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - leylandvictory2 - 09-09-2022

they can pump as many products as they want. at the end of the day, if they don't make it to the shelves, it won't make a difference. the wal mart near my house has only one Sandy set on the shelve. nothing else.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-10-2022

Here is a short interview with creator and author Daniel Share Strom from the Thomas & Friends writing team. He helped create Bruno, the first autistic character. Considering the noble idea behind the creation of this character, I think it's worth listening to what he has to say.

'Thomas and Friends' set to introduce first autistic character 

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-14-2022

Crystal Caves & Trains Mega Set

Bulstrode is back!

Well, now there's also a Mega Set! But it's sad that they release so many engines, Greatest Moments, sets (now there are also Push Along "Greatest Moments"!) - - in small quantities. Say, I was able to get Talking Thomas and Nia, but Amazon UK simply canceled my order for Talking Percy. They didn't get it. I got the Crystal Percy PA (the one with ghost scaring machine) and the Medieval Thomas PA, but I missed the Carly w/dinosaur PA from Amazon UK. There were only a few of them and someone was quicker to buy. I ordered the Launch & Loop set on June 10th. Amazon DE only managed to ship it today, more than three months later. (Earlier this month I asked them what was going on and they emailed me apologizing and said they just haven't received that set yet.) Many products are not available at all in some parts of the world (I still can't find the three sheds anywhere in Europe). But almost every week they announce a few new products that we may want and may never be able to buy. I really can't understand that kind of business.

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-14-2022

And so it goes on and on and on... Isn't it time to stop and actually release (worldwide, pretty please) what's been announced so far, and then go from there on...? Nope, The Company obviously doesn't think so. New Pushalongs:

[Image: newpushalongs-nia.webp]
[Image: new-pushalongs-harold.webp]
[Image: newpushalongs-green-crane.webp]

[Image: newpushalongs-gordon.webp]

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-16-2022

Another new Push Along Set:

[Image: NEWPA01.jpg]

[Image: NEWPA02.jpg]

The bridge has been seen in the new Mega Set video, but it looks great with these risers.

Also, the new bumper (now already used in several new sets) is very neat! In my opinion, much better (and more realistic) than the standard orange bumper!

On a side note (I lamented about that before, I know, but please bear with me): they obviously adopted the policy of selling tracks as part of the (motorized or pushalong) sets only. In that way, if someone wants to buy just some tracks, he must buy everything that goes with them in that set. Sneaky, but fine - - with one big problem: how many simple straight tracks can we see in these sets? Smaller sets: usually 0 (zero). Large and XL sets: maybe one or two. Even with the super-big (274 cm / 9 feet!!) Thomas & Percy Cargo Race Set, one will get only 2 (two) simple straight tracks. Isn't that weird?

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - Mister No - 09-17-2022

Crystal Caves & Trains MEGA Set

I suggest an advertising campaign for this product: 
Buy this for your kids and say goodbye to your living room! 😊

[Image: MEGA8.webp]
[Image: MEGA1.jpg]
[Image: MEGA2.jpg]
[Image: MEGA3.jpg]
[Image: MEGA4.jpg]
[Image: MEGA5.jpg]
[Image: MEGA6.jpg]
[Image: MEGA7.jpg]

RE: Thomas 2021 Reboot - GreatGordonFan - 09-17-2022

(09-14-2022, 02:19 AM)Mister No Wrote: Well, now there's also a Mega Set! But it's sad that they release so many engines, Greatest Moments, sets (now there are also Push Along "Greatest Moments"!) - - in small quantities.  I really can't understand that kind of business.

I think I know what the business stratergy is: instead of releasing a few sets and mass producing them, they are releasing loads and loads of new stuff in small quantities. Why? Releasing a new product grabs the consumer's attention, making them want to buy it just because it's new.
So what mattel is doing here is constantly trying to get the attention of the customer with new products, even if only a few of each product will ever be made.