Blue Plastic Tracks
Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Other Thomas toys (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! (/thread-4854.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! - Mister No - 12-28-2021

Well, it was about time... Knockoff business is developing, and we didn't even think it would stay on just a few models made according to old Trackmaster moulds, did we? New ones seem to be coming to market!

Disclaimer:

1. I hereby announce to everyone that I do not endorse the illegal copying of products of other companies, nor do I want to persuade anyone to buy counterfeit  products. But those products are a reality, so I don’t think there’s anything controversial about us reviewing and commenting on them.

2. I really don't know if some of them are genuine or not. (I think they are fake.) But if there's something fishy about them, I'll try to explain. Please, feel free to comment.

That being said, let's go!

Some new knockoffs (or new combinations of engines and trucks) that surfaced on AliExpress:

Thomas with the blue van

[Image: Seb7fa045ee754c869c9812438837ceb3-P.jpg]

Percy with the small red passenger carriage

[Image: S447924cfe6e34491a706b3f3717a8cfc-L.jpg]
Salty with the orange truck

[Image: Salty-with-the-orange-truck.jpg]
Donald with a different font number
(As far as I'm aware, previous knockoffs had the number in different font)
[Image: Donald-new-font-9.jpg]
Duncan with fire ladder truck
(Note: there are many other engines offered in a pack with that truck!)

[Image: Duncan-with-fire-ladder.jpg]

Duncan Loony Bin Express
(Yup, I took a liberty to name that product. Aren't eyes the mirror of the soul?) Rolleyes

[Image: Duncan-Looney-Bin-Express.jpg]

Hiro (I don't remember I have seen him before in the knockoff version, but I could be wrong)

[Image: Hiro.jpg]
Some tenders and other rolling stock

(Here are some new "Southward" and other AliExpress knockoff rolling stock products I haven't seen before. Some of them come in a few different colours!)
[Image: H2163f845d11b4df69db033b9d53c5b0f-D.jpg]
[Image: H3f9e61cbce0446d4a4d25db06dd4d78f-A.jpg]
[Image: H8bcb900c96ee41e09e20a62f75e01ab77.jpg]
[Image: H73b2f0b87af746339e0f7b3fb70deb3f6.jpg]
[Image: Hb2f8ccf816dd4d45b1a2b10a8d530630r.jpg]
This looks like Toby, but it's a piece of rolling stock. Yes, it's weird. And it comes in green too:
[Image: H54647a9b388f4898b444d5eb5f13cf9d1.jpg]
[Image: Hc71dc3d133604de5bc4dc011f3236e740.jpg]
[Image: Hd34ca9fd87cd426a8456ef4de94ad4f57.jpg]
[Image: Hdf26f17727b2443282526f3bd3a622723.jpg]
What follows is from an UK-based eBay seller that does have some known knockoffs on offer, but (another disclaimer) I'm not sure if all the following items are new  counterfeit products. In any case, you can't disregard some red flags when you see, all of a sudden, five or six copies of an old Trackmaster (or even Tomy!) train on offer for a "very reasonable price"... Confused

[Image: s-l1600-4.jpg]
[Image: Dart.jpg]

[Image: s-l1600.jpg][Image: s-l1600-1.jpg]
[Image: s-l1600-2.jpg][Image: s-l1600-3.jpg]

RE: Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! - GreatGordonFan - 12-28-2021

I'm pretty sure that plarail counterfeits might exist. They have been on sale for years and they never seem to run out of stock.
However, it's odd that dart and rusty may be counterfeit as I dont believe that the counterfeiters make those types of packaging.
Corrections:
-The hiro has been seen in knockoff form before
-The knockoff rolling stock have mostly been seen from different knockoff companies.
-Thomas and Percy have been in knockoff form before, however thomas was without the blue van and percy was in the form of "ghostly percy"(I should make a thread about the latter as it's a really interesting scenario)

RE: Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! - Super - 12-28-2021

Of interest to some
https://blueplastictracks.com/search.php?action=results&sid=b430714bc5ad29deabd49b60e0bcde94&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

RE: Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! - Mister No - 12-29-2021

(12-28-2021, 07:20 AM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: I'm pretty sure that plarail counterfeits might exist. They have been on sale for years and they never seem to run out of stock.However, it's odd that dart and rusty may be counterfeit as I dont believe that the counterfeiters make those types of packaging.

I haven't seen much Plarail counterfeits lately. You know  of some new Plarail knockoff? 

As I said, I'm not sure if all the  items are new  counterfeit products. But I noticed some confirmed knockoffs that this seller has, and now there are somehow more than a few examples of the same long retired train on offer, and very nicely priced indeed. Red flags, red flags... 

Quote:-The knockoff rolling stock have mostly been seen from different knockoff companies.

Really? I have never seen Annie and Clarabel with these faces. Green passenger coach popped up on Ali fairly recently. And pray tell, where have you seen that container car or the oddly coloured yellow/green wagon that looks like Hurricane's...

Quote:-Thomas and Percy have been in knockoff form before, however thomas was without the blue van and percy was in the form of "ghostly percy"

Of course, Thomas and Percy have been seen in knockoff form before, that's why I didn't put them here in Knockoffs NEW RELEASES... But, I don't recall ever seeing Thomas with the blue van or Percy with the red passenger carriage, so that's why they are here. Smile

RE: Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! - Super - 12-29-2021

All those Rolling stocks have been around in knockoff sets for a long time.

I remember seeing some of them in some strange sets before (I have that fake Henrietta myself, she came in a set with an ugly non-Thomas locomotive, but I wanted the green bridge). I don't recall seeing Hurricane's steel truck, not in that colour anyway.
And now they are not in sets, they started to sell them by piece...

RE: Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! - GreatGordonFan - 12-29-2021

The knockoff Annies have been seen multiple times in Leokimvideo's videos, such as here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SieWlFFBTg4&t=232s

Hope this image answers a few questions
[Image: knockoffs.jpg]

The ladle wagon is a mystery, it's a it like the alternate egg dye tanker story.

Also, I think I've seen that salty with the orange wagon before on a different knockoff website.

Well, I have said I haven't seen them, and I still don't see what counterfeit set is that green/yellow wagon, or the bright green passenger car from... I saw them for the first time, silly me, but I'm sure you have seen them long time ago, GreenGordonFan, no problem. 

And also these Plarail counterfeits you were talking about, that "have been on sale for years and they never seem to run out of stock"... what are they? any pictures?

RE: Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! - Tons of Trackmasters - 12-29-2021

haha, I see an opportunity for a video from this. Let's let them keep going and give us some "rarer" engines, That will bring Oliver's prices down lol  Big Grin  Some of those do look fascinating though

RE: Knockoffs NEW RELEASES! - GreatGordonFan - 12-29-2021

(12-29-2021, 03:03 PM)Mister No Wrote: Well, I have said I haven't seen them, and I still don't see what counterfeit set is that green/yellow wagon, or the bright green passenger car from... I saw them for the first time, silly me, but I'm sure you have seen them long time ago, GreenGordonFan, no problem. 

And also these Plarail counterfeits you were talking about, that "have been on sale for years and they never seem to run out of stock"... what are they? any pictures?

"Tomy" BoCo, Diesel and Oliver. I have seen them for sale for years now by the same seller. They were discontinued in 2012, so to find so many, bnib for a decent price in 2021 is unlikely.

Most of that rolling stock (including the green passenger car) have been seen in multiple southward (knockoff tomy) sets.

Difficult to say which ones in particular as what often happens is that they show a picture of a particular piece of rolling stock on the box (like the container) and you end up getting a slate wagon included in the set.

[Image: southward.webp]