Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 09:23 PM)drewbenn Wrote: While I was checking for typos I noticed that (not counting the 3 new insect engines) all the engines are available in 2016 blind bags except for Spooky Salty.

Yep, pretty much $30+ for 3 new engines.. Fisher-Price knows how to get us.. I think they realized it.. Undecided But all in all, these are great for starting collectors, otherwise for people like us, another money trap! Considering previous 50 pack's Warrior series were never released as Blinds or Blisters, I'd assume it's safe to say we won't see these insects as blinds or blisters. Confused

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Yeahright - 10-06-2016

I was actually gonna post pics of the 30 pack as well. Was looking for the new DC packs and saw this instead. I believe the other user is in Canada as well. Pricing was the same. They are located in Walmart.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 12:00 AM)Yeahright Wrote: I was actually gonna post pics of the 30 pack as well. Was looking for the new DC packs and saw this instead. I believe the other user is in Canada as well. Pricing was the same. They are located in Walmart.

Where is Canada did you find them? Smile

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Yeahright - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 02:15 AM)mikedaws Wrote: Where is Canada did you find them? Smile

I found them in Burlington, Ontario

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Oliver's Dad - 10-06-2016

(10-05-2016, 09:33 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: Yep, pretty much $30+ for 3 new engines.. Fisher-Price knows how to get us.. I think they realized it.. Undecided But all in all, these are great for starting collectors, otherwise for people like us, another money trap! Considering previous 50 pack's Warrior series were never released as Blinds or Blisters, I'd assume it's safe to say we won't see these insects as blinds or blisters. Confused

I will often purchase a pack like this, take the ones my Son doesn't yet have and sell the rest on a local buy and sell group to recoup most of my money. Hasn't not worked yet!

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 04:33 AM)Olivers Dad Wrote: I will often purchase a pack like this, take the ones my Son doesn't yet have and sell the rest on a local buy and sell group to recoup most of my money. Hasn't not worked yet!

I think things work little differently in Canada. I cannot even find many sellers selling Minis on CL, let alone locally. I am surprised, living in NYC, there is no twitter group or anything for people to trade/buy/sell Minis. Luckily, thanks to some great people on this forum, I get help all the way from Canada.

I am also setting up my duplicates for my son to play, but I think he already has most of these. In case this 30-pack makes it to states, I guess I can keep the 3 insects and sell the rest at near cost just to move them.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2015, 05:25 AM)drewbenn Wrote: I kept forgetting my checklist when I'd go to the store, so I decided to make an electronic checklist while waiting for Wave 2 to get here, and thought I'd share it with everyone on this board.

Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole year! Cool

Thank you so much to everyone here. I was just hoping that 2 or 3 other people would find my little checklist useful so seeing its growth over the last year has been so much fun. And I've been totally blown away by how amazing and helpful everyone on this forum has been!

Here's to another year of trains....

RE: thomas and friends mini series - OttawaQ - 10-06-2016

I'm in Ontario too, and I was able to find 51 Platinum Thomas. I think the box had just been put out, and there was only one inside, so I guess I just got lucky, but can confirm that they exist in Canada Smile

(10-04-2016, 06:34 PM)Yeahright Wrote: They are also out in Canada East. I'm in Ontario and numbers are the same and I also can't find 51 platinum Thomas.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Nigels - 10-06-2016

Ok, I managed to snag another wave 4 #51 - aka Platinum Thomas (or at least should be as I've not opened it yet lol!).

So I'm up for a potential trade, if you're interested post in the trading forum Smile

RE: thomas and friends mini series - NDI13 - 10-06-2016

I was just going through the names of the new DC minis on the checklist and wonder if the one identified as Dark Knight Thomas is who it is. I don't know if iDark Knight Thomas means the same as the name printed on the bottom of the minis which is 52BM-Thomas. For the other minis, the names printed on the bottom match with those identified in the checklist e.g. ST-Toby, NW-Gator, BL-Dash, SB-Victor, etc.