Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 01-11-2017

(01-11-2017, 11:25 PM)mikedaws Wrote: Here's hoping that there will be some new product announced at NY toy fair. With seeing the power rangers soon to be released and all the 2017 product that has been released to date there's not much left to come out of the known product. Would suck if there wasn't much else coming out this year

Counting Tootsie engines but not counting DC engines (since I don't have an easy way to count ones released in 2016) and assuming I counted right, there were 44 new engines released in 2016. There have been 29 new 2017 engines released so far, and 18 more I've got listed as rumors (thought they might not all be real), so that would make up to 47 for 2017, plus the 13 Power Rangers engines.

If anything, I'd say the problem is just that the rumor mill is too effective, coupled with the very early release of the first wave of 2017 blind bags.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 01-12-2017

(01-11-2017, 11:52 PM)drewbenn Wrote: Counting Tootsie engines but not counting DC engines (since I don't have an easy way to count ones released in 2016) and assuming I counted right, there were 44 new engines released in 2016. There have been 29 new 2017 engines released so far, and 18 more I've got listed as rumors (thought they might not all be real), so that would make up to 47 for 2017, plus the 13 Power Rangers engines.

If anything, I'd say the problem is just that the rumor mill is too effective, coupled with the very early release of the first wave of 2017 blind bags.

Very true. I guess my point is more that with a fair amount the new minis already released there won't be much more to be released this year. With 11 months left in 2017 if there is no other product other than what is known, there may be some big gaps in time with no new product on the shelf.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 01-19-2017

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a picture or item number for the last DC 9 Pack?
  • Superman Thomas
  • Darkseid Gordon
  • Arctic Batman Edward
  • Captain Boomerang Diesel
  • Deadshot Diesel 10
  • Lex Luthor Paxton
  • Bumblebee Millie
  • Mister Miracle Sidney
  • Beast Boy Luke

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 06:39 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a picture or item number for the last DC 9 Pack?
  • Superman Thomas
  • Darkseid Gordon
  • Arctic Batman Edward
  • Captain Boomerang Diesel
  • Deadshot Diesel 10
  • Lex Luthor Paxton
  • Bumblebee Millie
  • Mister Miracle Sidney
  • Beast Boy Luke

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 01-19-2017

Thank you very much Mike,
Officially, those 5 in that pack are the only trains I am missing at the moment. If anyone spots them in stores, please let us know.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 07:41 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: Thank you very much Mike,
Officially, those 5 in that pack are the only trains I am missing at the moment. If anyone spots them in stores, please let us know.

So far they only seem to be in the U.K. I'm the same as you. Just need that one. Do you have the new 3 pack that has blob Percy, giraffe Ben and Annie?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 01-20-2017

Looks like 2 new 2017 3-packs listed on Walmart.com

(01-20-2017, 12:26 AM)mikedaws Wrote: Looks like 2 new 2017 3-packs listed on Walmart.com

(01-20-2017, 12:26 AM)mikedaws Wrote: Looks like 2 new 2017 3-packs listed on Walmart.com

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Yeahright - 01-20-2017

Mike you are in Canada right?? I ordered a bunch of the 3 packs and planning to pick them up at the end of the month if you are interested in them.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 04:04 PM)Yeahright Wrote: Mike you are in Canada right?? I ordered a bunch of the 3 packs and planning to pick them up at the end of the month if you are interested in them.

Yeah I am Smile that would be great if you don't mind. Send me a DM and we can figure things out.

If anyone is in need of a 2016 Minis Advent Calendar. Walmart.ca has them reduced to $20. Good price if you're in need of the Christmas minis. Happy shopping.

For those of you that are interested...I spoke with a rep at Fisher-Price today. I was asking about the metal plates being removed from the minis. They proper much said that yes they are aware that the new lighter minis don't work very well with the existing playsets. They will be making new playsets that the lighter minis will work on. I said that it was really a shame that they removed the metal plate just to save money and in the process have compromised the quality. Not a big deal for those people that just collect the minis and don't play with them. But does affect people/kids that do play with them. The new ones get caught up on the I beam tracks. Hopefully enough people will complain to fisher-price about the drop in quality on such a good product. I feel this damaged the Thomas and Fruends brand which usually so good and well made. Just my opinion. Maybe we'll see something come out of the New York Toy Fair next month.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - jdogman - 01-22-2017

#Teen-age Mu-tant Nin-ja Tur-tles!#

https://www.amazon.ca/Fisher-Price-Thomas-Train-Minis-4-Pack/dp/B01EOOVE0W/ref=sr_1_10?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1485068523&sr=1-10&keywords=thomas+the+train+minis+4-pack