Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 06-15-2020

Back on april 8th, i ordered steelworks percy from an ebay seller in australia. he finally arrived today, june 15th. Nice to have such a long standing hole in my collection filled at last!

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Super - 06-15-2020

Holy Mackerel... sending it by canoe would have been faster. Big Grin  Glad your hole has been repaired Sun.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 06-19-2020

Hi Everyone,
It's been a while, I feel like last 3-4 months have been pretty boring and slow since I haven't been to target or walmart trying to locate Minis. Being in New York City, we've been avoiding going out as much as possible, but obviously some interaction is inevitable.

Has anyone in US seen 2020/1 or 2020/2 blind bags in stores yet? I still have the plastic trackmaster box car sets unopened somewhere in the garage, I never opened them assuming that was just an attempt by FP to drain our wallets and hoping blind bags make appearance, but when covid hit, I may have missed the blind releases and will have no choice but crack these boxes open to see what's in them. I will most likely have lots of duplicates, so we may be able to trade as we start seeing more 2020 blinds.

Wishing everyone a healthy and safe summer.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 06-19-2020

Hey! Was so happy to see your message here. Hope you and your family have been doing well. So far in Canada all I’ve see is 2020/01 and that was months ago. Stores such as toys r us are open but not much for new stock. I haven’t seen or heard of there’s a 2020/02. I can’t even imagine what would be in that wave as the 2020/01 wave had the entire set. Hasn’t been much out there for pictures up upcoming releases. The only thing I’ve heard that is still coming out soon is the 2020 advent calendar. Would be interesting to see what the contents of that will be. If most of the trains are from the 2020 series, it might be a good way to get a good amount of them without having to track down all the blind bags. The border for Canada/US is still closed until at least the end of July, so I won’t be able to find anything if it’s released in the US.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - rekp - 06-19-2020

i had heard from a source that the Advent Calendar might not be released this year

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Reivax - 06-21-2020

Hey, Pablo. Glad all is safe. It’s a shame you weren’t able to acquire any 2020/1 before all this got crazy. I remember the first time i even saw a 2020 box was right when this covid stuff started becoming serious. I wasn’t able to go back myself for a long time to look. Although recently it’s been fairly normal to go to stores like Walmart and feel safe with the limited amount of people allowed in and most everyone respecting distance.

I’ve been lucky as the Walmart I frequent the most has been stocking new boxes quite frequently recently. There was a new box there today, in fact. Unfortunately my phone broke on the weekend and I didn’t know which of the final 8 I needed off the top of my head. So I grabbed 2 I knew I needed and will go back soon to hopefully get the final 6 of the 41 trains released in the wave. If I’m lucky.

Speaking of which, I really like many of the themes this year. Galaxy, snow and ice and music are almost all really cool designs.

Some of the Hawaiian, farm and even cowboy can be a bit muddled and aren’t always super interesting, but some of them are.

Farm being probably my least favourite.

If it weren’t for the fact that the box says 2020/1, I’d assume that was all the trains released in bags for the year. Hard to imagine they’ll release another wave after releasing so many in the first one. I’m personally ok if they don’t release another wave. I would assume; Pablo, you’ll be able to eventually find some boxes whenever you feel comfortable and safe to start looking again.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 06-23-2020

I would be happy if nothing else came out this year. With covid, any chance i had of finishing playing catch up via amazon are gone, and intl shipping has gone crazy.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 06-23-2020

I can’t see there being much coming out this year at all. I’m sure manufacturing is behind on everything. There really hasn’t been much out there for pictures or product. Maybe it’s a good thing to have things paused for a bit. Let’s get 2020 over and done with and fingers crossed 2021 is a way better year.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Reivax - 06-23-2020

I’ve got a question for you guys. What unique trains specific are not on Drew’s page and also not on the 2020/1 list. I know there’s a few. Such as a couple cargo train colour variants from the fizz sets...I just want to know what I’m missing.

I just got all the 2020/1 trains and I believe I’m 3 trains shy of having everything.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 06-25-2020

(06-19-2020, 09:05 PM)rekp Wrote: i had heard from a source that the Advent Calendar might not be released this year

Here’s a photo of the advent calendar. I’ll see if I can find out if it’s been released yet.