Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 12-19-2015

i would expect wave 5 to contain at least 4 of the dc minis seen in recent days in 4 and 9 packs.

for new ranges, we have:

sweets
graffiti
electrified
sports
creatures

i would hazard a guess on getting 2 each of those, 5 dc engines and 5 new standard paint characters. [[based on 20 engines]

we also have a new engine in both racers and spooky, but whether they will appear yet i dont know. i personally want to see all new themes this time round.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - jdogman - 12-19-2015

No rumours as such, but I believe all or most of the engines we've seen on Amazon are part of Series 5, because disregarding the co-branding with DC Super Friends and Tootsie Roll, there's one of each engine, so I expect the start of the blind bag order to go something like:

1/84: Breakfast Thomas
2/85: Racing Percy
3/86: Bumble Bee James
4/87: Graffiti Gordon
5/88: Spooky Edward

Now that DC Super Friends has been established, I think about 4 engines in each series from 5-8 could also happen resulting in 16, and perhaps 1 or 2 Tootsie Roll engines.

I predict a February 2016 release to coincide with New York Toy Fair, perhaps with better distribution now that Toys R Us in the US are selling them.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drogio - 12-20-2015

(12-19-2015, 07:23 AM)jdogman Wrote: No rumours as such, but I believe all or most of the engines we've seen on Amazon are part of Series 5, because disregarding the co-branding with DC Super Friends and Tootsie Roll, there's one of each engine, so I expect the start of the blind bag order to go something like:

Just wondering as obviously we are seeing iron arry and Flynn in the dc theme when their classics haven't been announced...I think I've heard of Ferdinand too as a prototype.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - DalaGStanator - 12-20-2015

(12-19-2015, 07:23 AM)jdogman Wrote: No rumours as such, but I believe all or most of the engines we've seen on Amazon are part of Series 5, because disregarding the co-branding with DC Super Friends and Tootsie Roll, there's one of each engine, so I expect the start of the blind bag order to go something like:

Now that DC Super Friends has been established, I think about 4 engines in each series from 5-8 could also happen resulting in 16, and perhaps 1 or 2 Tootsie Roll engines.

I predict a February 2016 release to coincide with New York Toy Fair, perhaps with better distribution now that Toys R Us in the US are selling them.

Tootsie Roll? What will they think of next?

I wonder if those two are based on the actual episodes.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 09:01 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Tootsie Roll? What will they think of next?

i so want them to make a reeses one! im not up with what american candy bars are made by what company, whether tootsie roll and reeses are on the same "team" as such.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - roberte - 12-20-2015

Any guess as to when Toys R Us will start selling the minis?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 01:39 AM)drogio Wrote: Just wondering as obviously we are seeing iron arry and Flynn in the dc theme when their classics haven't been announced...I think I've heard of Ferdinand too as a prototype.

The Thomas minis wikia lists all the known engines, as does the minis page (search for 'coming soon') on the Thomas wikia. Keep an eye on those pages as more info comes out, but for now the list of new engines looks like it will be:
  • Rosie
  • Belle
  • Ferdinand
  • Iron 'Arry
  • Flynn
  • Stanley

RE: thomas and friends mini series - jdogman - 12-21-2015

I believe that all the new engines we've seen on Amazon are Series 5. Maybe a couple of them are for later release as five of the Sweets engines are listed and I don't think a complete theme of five engines would be put in one blind bag series.

Many other engines have either been assumptions because there has been no Classics version but a themed version has been shown, others have been seen on eBay, and the rest have been released in the DC Super Friends multi-pack and I believe are very likely getting a blind bag release. These engines are:
  • Ferdinand
  • Rosie
  • Belle
  • Iron 'Arry
  • Creature Stanley
  • Creature Gator
  • Sports Dash
  • Patchwork Hiro
  • Fruit Chews Henry
  • Sugar Daddy Toby
  • Thomas as a Skeleton (possibly Spooky)
  • Unknown Green Bill or Ben
  • Toby as Blue Beetle
  • Emily as Poison Ivy
  • Diesel as Two-Face (unsure about this one)

And the DC Super Friends engines most likely awaiting blind bag release are:
  • Edward as Black Adam
  • Henry as Green Arrow
  • Emily as Wonder Woman
  • Iron 'Arry as Shazam!
  • Paxton as Lex Luthor
  • Sidney as the Penguin
  • Luke as Beast Boy
  • Stephen as Sinestro
  • Gator as Green Lantern

That's about 15 DC Super Friends engines all up, resulting in about four released at a time during Series 5-8.

(12-20-2015, 09:01 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Tootsie Roll? What will they think of next?

I don't personally understand the choice of Tootsie Roll as I can't imagine them being relevant to anywhere outside the US. Yes, there is going to be a theme based off episodes and they are part of it.

(12-20-2015, 04:14 PM)roberte Wrote: Any guess as to when Toys R Us will start selling the minis?
Next year? All they're selling right now is the Collector's Playwheel.

EDITED with newly discovered engines.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - cou10gar - 12-21-2015

Got these in the mail today!!! Purchase on Walmart Savings Catcher app $16.97!
[Image: EA24FDAB-1AB4-48B2-8536-C25FE82F9340_zpsvzhdim8m.jpg]
[Image: 0784BE89-7D2F-49C6-B045-F66831CEE483_zpsuyv9s1yl.jpg]

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 12-21-2015

got mine coming thanks to roberte, along with the 9 and 4 packs. Big Grin

more oddballs from our seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/lot-of-32-Minis-Thomas-Friends-Trains-used-/111855038866?hash=item1a0b147192:g:X8wAAOSw1S9Wd5dT

i see hiro with a green smoke deflector, sports dash [logging loco logo on cab roof] a WHITE james with paint splatters in the front row, then behind him the normal red james with paint.