Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game

582 Replies, 811283 Views

Going to stick to both the Railway Series and Television Series for this character.

This character ultimately met their demise in Season 4 when one locomotive had accidentally failed to gauge their strength, and ripped this character into pieces! Who is this character?
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

(06-04-2015, 08:12 PM)HankAmericanEngine Wrote: Going to stick to both the Railway Series and Television Series for this character.

This character ultimately met their demise in Season 4 when one locomotive had accidentally failed to gauge their strength, and ripped this character into pieces! Who is this character?

That would be S.C.RUFFEY
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
(06-04-2015, 08:50 PM)chrisjo Wrote: That would be S.C.RUFFEY

That is correct, chrisjo; your turn.

(06-05-2015, 01:06 AM)HankAmericanEngine Wrote: That is correct, chrisjo; your turn.

Why did Duck's whistle go wrong?
Just going to bring this up to the top so it is seen.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
(06-05-2015, 07:37 PM)chrisjo Wrote: Why did Duck's whistle go wrong?

Time for a clue, it seems.

The answer is in a story about an engine that features in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure and was released under the Trackmaster label for the first time in May this year.
(06-08-2015, 06:44 AM)chrisjo Wrote: Time for a clue, it seems.

The answer is in a story about an engine that features in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure and was released under the Trackmaster label for the first time in May this year.

I think it was because his crew used his whistle to cook eggs, and some ended up stuck inside.

(06-08-2015, 03:19 PM)HankAmericanEngine Wrote: I think it was because his crew used his whistle to cook eggs, and some ended up stuck inside.
I think you are spot on, HankAmerican Engine.

The incident is described on the first page of the story "Mike's Whistle" in Railway Series book no.22, "Small Railway Engines", which introduces Rex, Bert and Mike, and the Arlesdale Railway; this is based on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway.

Just how you use a steam whistle to boil eggs remains a mystery.
(06-08-2015, 04:29 PM)chrisjo Wrote: I think you are spot on, HankAmerican Engine.

The incident is described on the first page of the story "Mike's Whistle" in Railway Series book no.22, "Small Railway Engines", which introduces Rex, Bert and Mike, and the Arlesdale Railway; this is based on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway.

Just how you use a steam whistle to boil eggs remains a mystery.

To be quite honest, it might be simpler than we think; steam whistles allow a very minute amount of steam to escape without sounding the whistle, so either the driver or fireman carefully pulls the chord gently to allow a consistent amount of steam out of the whistle without sounding it off to heat the pan and, consequently, boil eggs. Poor Duck.

All right, I'm going to stick to the television series with this one.

Who is the first American engine to be introduced to the show?

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2015, 04:33 PM by HankAmericanEngine.)
Is it Rosie?