Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum

256 Replies, 174400 Views

[Image: omg-shocked.gif]

OMG, I love this guy. Just Wow. Not just a collector but an Amasser as it looks like he has amassed multiples and has truly preserved history. Are all those 'Tomy' boxes cases filled with the same trains. Was this fellow a dealer/seller in the past? What are those five gallon pails??? I don't think I have ever seen or heard of such a thing and they look metal predating the plastic era.

I want this guy to adopt me Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
No idea if he deals. But he told me that he bought these from a retail store during his childhood, and by trading with friends. Those TOMY boxes hold different Plarail, each from a different generation. Those pails are the promotional Plarail items during the 90s. You sure that you checked the layout and trains on the pails properly? I think the best Plarail he own is the 2 first generation C-62汽笛入り boxes, the C-62こうかセット and the Fully Automatic Crossing Set. All these 4 could have been 360000 yen altogether in new condition. He owns at least 80% of the Showa-Era Plarails, so we are able to take down the JAN codes, G-nn number, MS-nn numbers and other information to fill our databases. Now our database is around 93% complete.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Ahhh, so he didn't own a store he bought one out, that explains a lot. Is this fellow on older gentleman? You must be getting quite a lot of good pictures of forgotten gems here and he must be very nice to open his doors to the re-search. We are all very lucky to have him.

I also noticed that he is still collecting as there are a few, more recent, releases in those piles.
Older than me for sure. He is the writer of some famous Plarail books like the “All About Plarail 1”. He is one of the rare kind of existing people today who sees the Showa Era Plarail on a retail store shelf first hand. I have seen some myself, but I was a bit late. He remembers everything he sees, so he confirms some rumours of Plarail too. We even had coincidental moments where we saw the last EC box taken from the shelf from a departmental store. So if I’m able to see a Hankyu 6300 box on the store shelf, and he is able to see the C-62 box, you can tell the age difference.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
It must be amazing listing to his stories.
Because of his collection, our database was filled to 93%. Many of the G-nn, MS-nn numbers, JAN codes, bar codes are recorded. The real challenge now is to find the rest of the 7%, confirm the existence of Chitose Airport Set, find unrecorded phantom gems and match the sets and other possible codes. For example, it is found that a yellow EC box DD-51 with code MS-28 and a DD-51 with code MS-30 have a difference in the switch length. So we believe that a Salon Car can have the numbers of N-33, N-34, N-35, and TT-36. (TT-36 is confirmed, which is 1987). As the Salon Car was manufactured from 1984 to 1987, we can identify if the Salon Car was “really” manufactured for 4 years instead of 2 or 3 years. If for some reason the N-34 and N-35 numbers are not found to be printed on the box, we can safely assume at this time that TOMY did not manufacture the Salon Car during 1985 and 1986 (effectively 2 years of no manufacture). This means that the Salon Car was available (by reusing existing stock), but not manufactured for 4 years. It will be hard to find each and every code, but that is what a research team and database is for right? LOL.

Something like that. But probably best moved into the Verification of Phantom Gems thread that I created a few months ago.
  • Super, Tharazero1
Wow, just WOW
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • Super, violater
Phantom Gem 71: New Logo Box Shindai Express

Shindai Express is manufactured around 1974 until 1982, it has 3 generations of boxes: "Upper and lower boxes", "Densha Box" and "EC Box (2 types)".
Our team recently learnt that a specific type of Shindai Express is rarer than other Shindai Express during that time. This time we introduce the new box Shindai Express, MS-nn number: MS-31. If MS-31 is printed on the back of the box, about 90% of these Shindai Express will be confirmed to be printed in 1982. However Shindai Express was out of print in 1982, the same year the new logo box was manufactured so it was manufactured for less than 1 year in 1982.

This is the new logo box, with MS-31 at the back of the box. which is said to be a phantom gem today.

[Image: Eeq5-Bul-U8-AEG9gt.jpg][Image: Ees-KHsy-VAAIKYx-K.jpg]

This is the old logo box, which is manufactured in around late 1980, fairly common during that time. You can see that the "boy and girl mark" is replaced by the black TOMY mark in cartoon rounded font. It is said that the body's cream colour had been transitioned to lemon yellow, which is darker (unconfirmed for now).

[Image: 20181026212839.png]
  • Super, Tharazero1
I love looking at these old boxes Vio Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
May our team present you: The new and updated Biglobe Plarail Musuem. Information is gathered by first hand collectors, so you have the highest quality of images.

It is still under development, please use PC to view it.

http://parlorfleur-pm.com/toppage.html
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • DuckGWR, Super, Tharazero1