Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's 👍

420 Replies, 532551 Views

(03-30-2017, 06:54 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Ironically, Planes was actually going to be Trains as a matter of fact. If anything, the next one should be Boats (which could be like a better version of TUGS).

I believe we are getting Cars 3 sometime soon Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Introducing our Custom Made Monorail Station. I can't take total credit for the idea as it initially came from CarrickWilmot, aka Vlastian. I took his basic rough idea doubled it, improved on the construction and added many of my own personal touches. There was no way that using PlaKids would have looked good as they are way too big for the Monorail and would have stood taller than the doors. HO scale people worked perfectly. I also have all the materials and engineering data collected to create a hanging Monorail Station which will come at a later date as I catch up on some of the other customs I have been working on. Came out quite well if I do say so myself. What do you think?

You will also notice 2 clips of my failed first attempts at stop motion video but I will learn from these first mistakes. I didn't have room to place a tripod nor did I have the right kind as the camera has to be perfectly still for the stop motion to look good. I think a remote controlled shutter would be needed also as pressing the button on the camera to snap a picture moved it slightly which also seemed to create a different lighting correction in some shots.

Skyview Station

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 8 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Cloudman, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, ripley802, sunhuntin, Tramp, Ucwepn
That is very cool Super. I am still in awe of your layout and the detail and effort you put in it along with this and all of your customs. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Wow, that turned out really nice! Had I not known it was a custom piece, I would have assumed it was a stock Plarail item.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Very awesome!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Here we have all of our 'Tandem' engines. All but three of them have Plarail factory made dummy engines with front hooks. The other three have custom fitted Plarail front hooks (Red Santa Fe F-Unit, the Custom 'Too Black' & the HD-3000 Hybrid)

Double Vision or.......

[-] The following 9 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, Cloudman, mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, Off The Rails, ripley802, Tharazero1, Ucwepn
Very nice Super. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
[Image: working-on-a-computer-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Completed the re-uploading of all pictures in this thread from the jerks at PhotoBucket to my new, free, 3rd Party Host https://postimages.org/

That was a lot of work, hope to continue with other Threads as time permits. If you want a particular Thread to be updated to show the pictures let me know and I will move that one up the list.
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, ripley802, Tharazero1
This is a Re-Post from another Thread as I would like to keep all of our Customs in one place and because of bonehead decisions by PhotoBucket.

In honor of Walt Disney World's (Florida, USA) 45th Anniversary just celebrated on Oct. 1st 2016 I tried to model a Water Tower after the iconic Disney MGM Studios Earffel Tower. The real 130ft tall, faux water tower, pictured below, was erected on the lot of the originally named Disney MGM Studios Theme Park in 1989 (Now called Disney's Hollywood Studios). The tower was recently dismantled and torn down in April of this year to make room for the new Toy Story and Star Wars attractions currently under construction. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/at...story.html

My representation is of the original tower as Disney's MGM Studios and supports a blinking red LED light at the top and between Mickeys ears to warn off those pesky Pixar Planes flying around. Of course this new custom model will adorn the new "Dreamin of Disney" layout for the Granddaughter and will be one of the features when a video is made. .

[Image: 010_zpsu9ejqhqn.jpg]

[Image: 001_zpsoc8w0ew6.jpg]

[Image: 014_zpsjkpzfrvb.jpg]

[Image: Disney_MGM_Studios-_Earful_Tower-20000000001561.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, Cloudman, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, ripley802, ROKMAN1445, sunhuntin
That wins you the Cool Grandad award!
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super