Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's 👍

420 Replies, 531792 Views

Hi Super,

simple question here, but I thought others might be interested. what is your adhesive of choice for gluing lights into little holes for the trains? I have used Super glue and I find that when it dries it can leave a white color. Maybe this is holes being too big or too much glue or cheap glue. Yours always look like they were made in the factory, im hoping you have the silver bullet suggestion!

KMOTT
[-] The following 1 user Likes kmott's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Ah....you want me to give up all my secrets... Smile

I really don't use glue at all. I used black Silicone Sealant/Adhesive lightly placed on the inside of the shell. I Like using Silicone because it is somewhat non-permanent in case you need to replace a bulb and black so the light beam does not back light into the shell. I might also add that, where possible, I make tubes for the bulbs to slide into so the silicone need only be added the the rear of the tube.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(08-09-2014, 12:17 AM)Super Wrote:
Was-A-Whiff

Grandson wanted to have some "dirty" trains like real ones. Well this "Was-A-Whiff" may have taken the dirty a bit far. Big Grin  What do you think?

[Image: 002_zps54ba1c7f.jpg]

[Image: 004_zpsa08a8adb.jpg]

[Image: 008_zps408e7d11.jpg]
Where do you get those smokebox doors? I want some to use for my customs.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
I’ll answer that.... They’re Hornby OO scale smoke box faces. You can occasionally find them on eBay from sellers in the UK.
Of I were to get one for a Trackmaster Rosie, which one would I have to use?
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
You would have to measure the inside and outside of what you want. Digital calipers is a must
Messy beginnings of the remake...

[Image: 002.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Very cool Super, can’t wait to see this progress. Are you going to use plywood or something for the top over the tables?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
Oh wow, there’s a drill, a square and some clamps! Things are about to get real in Caiden Town! Big Grin

Yeah, I’m also intrigued by the space between the tables. Bridge it with a sheet of plywood or maybe a lower section supported by sawhorses (ala Ucwepn) to form a harbor or valley?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
[Image: animated-msn-big-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif]

I have some ideas and the implementation of those ideas have to be performed in a proper order during initial construction. This will be a long process but once the initial engineering is complete then the laying of track will proceed. I will update progress with pictures as the development goes on.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Off The Rails