Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's 👍

420 Replies, 524779 Views

Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's

Here you will find what Super & his Grandson have been working on. New & interesting items added to our large layout & what some future plans we have our sites on, no matter how far fetched they seem to us.

We would really like your feedback, comments and suggestions. In fact we encourage it.

Please enjoy

These pictures were Posted on the previous site but only lasted a day before the Forum was shut down. We have added more interesting items since those pictured here but I thought we would show what was added to our layout over the Holidays first.

Any comments or questions are welcomed.

First up is this Santa Fe Yard, Control Tower. We really like this and have the needed parts to update the 12volt control room light with a 9volt LED.

[Image: 002_zps25427d57.jpg]

Next we have added a nice Switch House with a Pepsi Vending Machine for the railroad workers on those hot summer days. I use Rubber Cement to glue down the Tomica Town People so they don't fall over. I like the Rubber Cement because its not permanent and the glue just rolls off if I want to move the people.

[Image: 005_zps23717433.jpg]

Here we have the Bedford Water Tower. Like the Santa Fe Yard Tower we have the parts to replace the dull blinking top light with a flashing 9volt red LED.

[Image: 010_zps6e6151ad.jpg]

We had to add a Station Fast Food Restaurant so all the village people and workers have a healthy place to eat. We may get some Name brand Decals to add and make it a Burger King, MacDonalds or KFC maybe.

[Image: 007_zps058789ab.jpg]

And lastly we added this 4 track Train Yard that we like to park some of our idle engines. 2 Station platforms work perfectly with these yard pieces.

[Image: 014_zpsb7319036.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • bollard, Finno, HankAmericanEngine, mod thana, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Looks fantastic!
Thanks Ucwepn

Here are some new items that light up...

Even this hard working fellow could use a refreshing bottle of Coke...

Daytime:

[Image: 11_zpsd7b3f5f0.jpg]

At Dusk:

[Image: 13_zps4511280f.jpg]

At Night:

[Image: 14_zps30e33402.jpg]

Who doesn't like a Carnival?

Daytime:

[Image: 004_zps84695d15.jpg]

At Dusk:

[Image: 006_zpse2ddc308.jpg]

At Night:

[Image: 008_zpse2b74000.jpg]

I Am Getting Thirsty
What you can't tell in a picture is the Red Coca Cola part of this sign flashes. I will get a shot of it when making a video.

Daytime:

[Image: 003_zps422ed24f.jpg]

At Dusk:

[Image: 007_zps39f5650f.jpg]

At Night:

[Image: 016_zps78036092.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Pretty nice
These look Great Super. Do you have a video or more photos showing the full layout.
[Image: waving-hat-smiley-emoticon.gif] Hello Toys_Trains-Things

Glad to see you have found your way from the old site. I am quite familiar with your videos. In fact it was your video on the D51 200 Sound & Steam set that convinced me to search out one for our own. It is one of our favorites. Love the Trackmaster Tomy Plarail Drag Races & your comparison of the Tomy Plarail vs Plarail Advance Trains convinced me not to go the Advanced way. I also liked your detailed rebuild of Talking Percy . Sure wish my pin point soldering gun worked that quickly. Which model is it and what type solder do you use.

I bought a new camcorder to make some videos as the videos taken from my photo camera aren't very good so stay tuned for some of those. Never made a video of anything before so it should be fun. I will get some new photos posted of the layout shortly.
Finally finished the Santa Fe, Yard Control Tower lights. The beacon on the roof alternately flashes red and blue like a Police car.

In the following 2 pictures we have a very hard to find, Thomas/Tomy/Trackmaster type Station. The Station has been converted with decals to make it a Union Pacific Station. Looks to be pretty busy and they must serve donuts in the cafeteria as there is a Police car parked in front .

Santa Fe Yard Control Tower After Dark:

[Image: 7_zps64277a26.jpg]

Union Pacific Train Station (front & rear view):

[Image: 11_zps38de580d.jpg]

[Image: 004_zpsfe8a27e3.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • bollard, mod thana
I am amazed! the light up billboards, the whole thing! wow Super nice work!
Thanks Ucwepn, Glad you like it.
For Toys_Trains-Things

Here are the most recent pictures of our layout although there have already been a few changes...

[Image: 001_zps5ff37cf6.jpg]

[Image: 005_zpsead98c62.jpg]

[Image: 007_zps14e935f4.jpg]

[Image: 010_zps484f9633.jpg]

[Image: 014_zps81dd4c6e.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • , bollard, HankAmericanEngine, mod thana, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard