Muddy Poppins YouTube Video's

1105 Replies, 811127 Views

So there is an Emily...

2012 release from Plarail/Tomy with the grey breakvan/caboose
2008 release from Plarail/Tomy/HiT but I can't tell what the third cars is as the box covers it
And the big box release with this See Inside, PlaKid Coach which I don't know the release year.

I will have to run over to Ripleys Catalog collection to try and find out.

EDIT:
Looks like 2008 may have been the first release of a Plarail Emily and it looks, from the catalog, that she has the same grey breakvan/caboose as the re-release of her 2012. I can find no mention of the big box Emily set with the Captains House which, if true, may not have been release retail, could it have been a Limited Release like only at a Plarail Expo? I know Geris has one but on his Web Site he doesn't state a year but I think he may have made a video with her in it. Will have to scope that out.

Geris did have a video of the sets unboxing but unfortunately didn't mention the year of release or whether is was retail or Limited. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SZJnawy2Co
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, ripley802
(03-29-2017, 09:53 PM)Super Wrote: So there is an Emily...

2012 release from Plarail/Tomy with the grey breakvan/caboose
2008 release from Plarail/Tomy/HiT but I can't tell what the third cars is as the box covers it
And the big box release with this See Inside, PlaKid Coach which I don't know the release year.

I will have to run over to Ripleys Catalog collection to try and find out.

EDIT:
Looks like 2008 may have been the first release of a Plarail Emily and it looks, from the catalog, that she has the same grey breakvan/caboose as the re-release of her 2012. I can find no mention of the big box Emily set with the Captains House which, if true, may not have been release retail, could it have been a Limited Release like only at a Plarail Expo? I know Geris has one but on his Web Site he doesn't state a year but I think he may have made a video with her in it. Will have to scope that out.

Geris did have a video of the sets unboxing but unfortunately didn't mention the year of release or whether is was retail or Limited. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SZJnawy2Co
Sorry this took so long Super, I didn't see your post...
I took this pic from the big box Emily coach set.

(03-30-2017, 04:39 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Sorry this took so long Super, I didn't see your post...
I took this pic from the big box Emily coach set.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2017, 04:42 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Many thanks Muddy. Isn't that a nice box?

I am going to keep an eye out for this set, new, which will prove to be hard to find as it would be a perfect fit for the Future World Collection. I see the Copywrite was granted in 2004 for the Thomas Trains so the set could have been released any year after that. At least thats a start. Might there be someone out there that has any info on the release of this fine set?
Muddy, your Skiff mod idea is great and works perfectly. And you did your first Revolution Mod. You may want to add some weight inside Hugo's shell like Ucwepn does to get more traction on those spiked tractor tires. Speaking of those, maybe everyone could chime in on this idea...I know they make small rubber bands, I wonder if some could be bought that would simply stretch around the spiked wheels that would give the Trackmaster II engines more traction on the Tomy track without the need for switching the wheels out? Anyone think this may work? I don't have any to try it out on.

The Vicarage Orchard ~ Hugo & Skiff run

• DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Ucwepn
Osem ("awesome"). I like how the working propeller appears to create enough air/wind to make Skiff's modded sail "flow" (is that correct, or is it just the constant "smacking" from the low clearance parts like Knapford and the SSRC building and the "Hand of God" handling?). I don't quite suppose there would be enough room for weights inside Hugo since his motor also powers a set of gears for his propeller.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2017, 01:55 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Congratulations Muddy... what are you going to do with your time once you have everything on your list?

The Vicarage Orchard ~ 2011 Plarail Blushing Thomas (1/360) unboxing

• DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
(04-08-2017, 08:53 AM)Super Wrote: Congratulations Muddy... what are you going to do with your time once you have everything on your list?

Well it seems like Tomy/Plarail and FisherPrice will never stop continuing to release new models and characters, so there will always be something to search for...but happily we will only have to look in the present and towards the future, and not have to search backwards for releases that have long since past!! Staying current and continuing to fight the Tomy/FP two front war is difficult enough, but searching backwards all the while to catch up with the past was incredibly challenging and most thankfully over now!Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2017, 09:25 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Is the thrill of the hunt over for you with your massive collection? Do you now have one of everything or is there still a few missing pieces?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Darn, that Thomas is in amazing condition! I'm not used to seeing any Thomas looking that minty. (Fast, natural weathering thanks to my kids!)

As an aside, I've probably heard that Kenny Loggins song a few million times in the last ~35-40 years but I just now realized that Michael McDonald is singing backup and likely playing keyboards too. How'd I miss that? Huh
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(04-08-2017, 09:27 PM)Super Wrote: Is the thrill of the hunt over for you with your massive collection? Do you now have one of everything or is there still a few missing pieces?

I don't know Super...it was a very weird journey. The luck that it took, and the timing of the luck and circumstances, was miraculously consistent. Always amazing me even after the magic was finally recognized as being more than just ongoing series' of coincidences.
Like the Clint Eastwood line: "I've always been lucky when comes to killing folks"... Aquiring these trains was very hard, but the impossible finds seemed to always just pop out of the woodwork and be there to be had...even when I thought we'd never be able to find the very last two, (this was the very last Thomas we needed) on the very day it arrived from Japan, Ripley found me the TnA American James to complete the entire collection!! The final two birds together fell with another single stone.
I'll always pick up steals for old releases of BNIB Trackmaster stuff, HitToys, and Tomy...That's always a thrillSmile Its also actually a great new feeling that I can look without buying, or buy just for fun, without any anxiety or desperation from want and need. Lol
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Off The Rails, ripley802, Super