Muddy Poppins YouTube Video's

1105 Replies, 811223 Views

Complete PLARAIL/TrackMaster Talking PERCY
quick review & request run

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tons of Trackmasters
Looks like you are having fun with the video editing now Muddy. Are you doing it on a computer or your phone?

TrackMaster Original RC engines
HitToys vs. FisherPrice

[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins
Another very informative video from Muddy! 
I really don't like Percy's "passenger" coach. It looks somehow unfinished.  Confused
RC Molly is not a tender driven engine, so why couldn't they made her that way in a "regular" edition?  Huh
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Well, kind of Super....
Its just the iMovie app on my phone.
The video editing is as simple as unscrambling a word jumble, and putting the letters in their proper places, but the magic of it is that it creates the seamless illusion of fun, and that everything went perfectly... lol
This video was by far the biggest pain to make, and in reality is only about 50 seconds of actual open running time on the layout. The rest is nothing but set up shots.
I don’t think that I’ll ever run these RC’s again, or at least more than one at a time.

Thanks Mister No.
Yeah Percy’s coach is fabulously unspectacular. That is a great question!
That never donned on me about Molly, and I would like to investigate to see if she could be modified into such an engine now.
Thank you!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 06:57 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
Did we just discuss this about Molly in a different Thread? Wasn't it said that the RC Molly was bigger than the Tender driven version or is my memory slipping?
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins
I am not sure about previous discussions, but her RC did have problems traveling under risers.
I will have to further investigate.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Yes, we did, Super! And this RC Molly is proof it can be done. She must be much better runner if not tender driven... Oh, how I wish a new (& improved) versions of such engines, that would be something! I know that's a dream, but hey... Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
It doesn't seem like it would be difficult with a flat drive AA gear box. Then again a modified direct drive in her boiler like Youtuber Custom TrackMaster (I think) did with Powering Emily might work too. What type of gear box does the R/C Molly have?
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins
Love the editing Muddy. Puts a whole new feature in your videos and look into the Layout Smile

A special HaPpY BiRtHdAy run for Awesometrain77
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
(03-05-2021, 07:46 PM)Super Wrote: What type of gear box does the R/C Molly have?

Except Hiro and Victor (which use two different modified Flat types*), all the early RC engines with battery holders use a similar DU to the "Thomas type". The dimensions are closer to the one from the (later, non RC) Forward/Reverse Thomas, but it has an IR receiver, gearless two way switch and a circuit board among other differences. It explains why the cabs and fireboxes on James and Molly are oversized. The drive gear is identical to normal engines with the "Thomas type" (at least for the HiT Toys version). You once opened a Fisher Price James like these and showed it three years ago:

[Image: 106.jpg]

* For an unknown reason, the one used for Hiro has no switch (in tender instead) while the one in Victor does. Hiro may have been derived from his Talking Flip Face variant.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 10:34 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Mister No, Super