Bachmann Oliver?

19 Replies, 34556 Views

(04-17-2016, 03:25 PM)HankAmericanEngine Wrote: Toad was released February 8th (I think it was; Bachmann tweeted it on their official Twitter page), and Oliver's release date was pushed to November of 2016 from April, which had been pushed from November of 2015.

Needless to say, I'm sure everyone here knows that I will be purchasing both, and that a review will be up on my channel.

I'm curious about whether you're going to buy Rosie or any N-gauge engines!
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(04-17-2016, 06:57 PM)Miksolo Wrote: I'm curious about whether you're going to buy Rosie or any N-gauge engines!

Howdy Miksolo!

Rosie is a definite purchase, especially if her face is the CGI render on the model (not a fan of her model series face-- not exactly 'girly')!

The Skarloey Railway? Probably not; Skarloey himself is a whopping $150, compared to the $115 of Oliver and the rolling stock at $65 compared to the $37 of Toad. Unless I find an online vendor that sells the engines under $90 and rolling stock under $45, then perhaps.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

With thanks to my good friend HenryNWR3....
One of my children has finally arrived in HO Scale... Now Toad won't be so lonely anymore.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Since Duck was based on his model version, they should've done the same with Oliver. Apart from that, it's great to see an image of the real prototype was finally revealed.
Oh my gosh! A dream from a few months ago come true!
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(11-04-2016, 05:29 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Since Duck was based on his model version, they should've done the same with Oliver.

Bachmann base their products over the most recent source material provided. Any item made from now on is going to follow their most recent CGI depiction. Previous products (expect for the original 2002 line-up, which were based upon their illustrations on promotional material) would've been made using reference photos of the models from the most recent series at the time. Even though Duck, Donald and Douglas had been seen with a CGI face in Season 12, the reference photos used would've been their model specifications complete with their facemasks pre-CGI. The source material a lot of companies use nowadays look like this.

[Image: RTFXIun.png]

Unfortunately that means there is an inconsistency across the range as items based off one era don't end up matching the other. Even though Bachmann could retool some models to bring them up to date, it feels like they'd be taking a step back, and honestly I'd expect many would actually be disappointed that the line-up was taken over by a character they already have rather than a new addition to the line. Some wouldn't want to pay a lot of money again and have two models of the same thing. While some of the rolling stock has received updates matching their appearance in CGI, it's far more easier changing a few little painted on illustrations than say, moulding a face for Henrietta. A representative from Bachmann did say a while ago that there were thoughts or plans to retool James, and understandably it is a 14 year old model, but any retooling would occur very rarely, and no one should hold their breath counting on it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(11-04-2016, 04:37 PM)HankAmericanEngine Wrote: With thanks to my good friend HenryNWR3....
One of my children has finally arrived in HO Scale... Now Toad won't be so lonely anymore.

You're doing a Nathan, HankAmericanEngine?
If UpsideNow's son is Vinnie, and yours is Oliver, then my son is Ryan.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(11-10-2016, 06:25 AM)Miksolo Wrote: You're doing a Nathan, HankAmericanEngine?
If UpsideNow's son is Vinnie, and yours is Oliver, then my son is Ryan.

Oliver, Toad, and Hank are my children, Miksolo. My precious children.

(11-10-2016, 08:00 PM)HankAmericanEngine Wrote: My precious children.

Well that means that we all have children in those terms.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
My children are duck,Donald,Douglas and Stepney
You Know Your Keeping It Real When Your Working With Steel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!