AOF04's new family Members

55 Replies, 41675 Views

She is nice. Nicer than the revolution one.
But she has a feeling of being just a little cheap on the plastic. It is something I have noticed lately, They are just starting to feel a little bit like Revolution Plastic.
Not as robust as they used to be.
Just my option
[-] The following 2 users Like AOF04's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Thanks for your honest opinion AOF
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
HI All
Sorry I haven't posted in here for awhile.
I have been getting stuff in, but it has mostly been the small bits and pieces.
But finally I have a great post.  
I got a couple of auctions a little while ago on Japan auctions.  It then took me a while to get them back, and now it has taken me until a very wet day yesterday ( and very early start 4am) to get motivated enough to go through them for the second pass.
After spending most of the day replacing the basic Cog which is almost always broken to repairing or replacing battery connections I have managed to get 5 of these beauty's work.  They run great and sound great, BUT unfortunately 3 of them the most important part doesn't work.
You might have guessed what I am talking about, but heres a few pictures in case you haven't.

[Image: IMG-20190915-154620.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190915-154628.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190915-154635.jpg]

Thats Right Japanese Talk 'N' Action trains.

That ones that work awesome are:  Percy and the very back Gordon.

The other 3 run great as I have described, but the action function isn't working, so these have been put aside for what I call the Third pass.
PASS: 1 - Quick look to see whats wrong or right and to see if the motor works or they drive.
PASS: 2 - Start the basic repairs or replace jobs on trains. Cogs, Battery connections etc.
PASS: 3 - If they still doen't work fully then a full strip down of Motor and repair + Oil

So that is just a little of what I have got lately.
[-] The following 3 users Like AOF04's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super
They all look in nice visual condition AOF even if they do require some TLC. Isn't that Diesel 10, Dodge and Splatter quite rare? Thats a very nice looking picture on the jigsaw puzzle box....finish it yet?
It has been a while since I added new stock to my collection.
I have actual got a lot of new stock in that time.
But yesterday I got some NEW NEW stock.

[Image: IMG-20191112-061625.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20191112-061636.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20191112-061649.jpg]

I would like to Thank drew5195 for helping me get the KTX.

I have not open these yet, and wont be for awhile as I am trying to sort out my collection at the moment.
[-] The following 5 users Like AOF04's post:
  • chrisjo, drew5195, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super
Didn't the Thomas airplane set just release?

From what you can see, what do you think of the KTX?
Yes the Set came out on 7th. Arrived in NZ on 11th.
I like the KTX, could have been better as Drew5195 pointed out, but still a nice addition to my collection.
My First non Japanese train.
I also have a 700T from Taiwan and a Eurostar coming new month.

A couple of other items I received lately.
Last two versions of the flip open series I didn't own. So happy to get these
[Image: IMG-20191112-192645.jpg]

A yellow Victor set, unfortunately without Kevin and a Plarail Bash
[Image: IMG-20191112-192729.jpg]

And finally my first 3 speed remote control train: Thomas. Also the last handheld remote control train I was missing, Victor, super happy with getting him.
[Image: IMG-20191112-193338.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like AOF04's post:
  • drew5195, MuddyPoppins, Super
Very nice AOF especially getting the hard to find red breakdown crane that came with Victor.

My memory is not as it once was but I don't recall see inside coaches in that shade of blue with the horses. They also look a tad shorter than what I remember see inside were. Is it Trackmaster and do you know if they came in a 2 pack like the other sets of see insides?
(11-12-2019, 08:13 AM)Super Wrote: .....Is it Trackmaster and do you know if they came in a 2 pack like the other sets of see insides?
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks Dr Chris

I don't think I have seen that pair before.