Orange (or yellow?) Bertie?

24 Replies, 16945 Views

Bummer, was so looking forward to seeing something new. I agree about price as I thought that Lorry alone made up for half of it and the huge amount of road and accessories the other. Thanks for the excitement while it lasted C&D. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, confusedanddelayed, MuddyPoppins
thanks for solving the mystery. if someone not from here had won it, we would have been scratching our heads forever.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, MuddyPoppins, Super
Nice to hear you got a good deal even if that particular item turned out to be a bit of a let down. Still as Sun says good job it was one of us who won it and solved the mystery otherwise it could have become one of those 'urban legends' and in the future someone would have gone insane trying to find the mythical variant lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Nigels's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super
That’s a good way to think about it Sun and Nigels, thanks. I’ve included a few photos of the painted Bertie just in case anyone is curious. They pretty clearly used a brush (as opposed to airbrush or something similar), but o think they did a nice job overall.
[Image: 04-F15-D10-8-F23-42-D4-8511-C103784-B6-E54.jpg]

[Image: A994-ABC6-B669-4-CA3-9-B1-D-1-BF66-E1-CC1-CD.jpg]

[Image: B29-AC426-18-FB-4-DB3-9-B98-978-F9282-BEF6.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like confusedanddelayed's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Just goes to show you how deceiving photos can be without detailed closeups on the auction sites. I would have never thought, that even if it was custom painted, that it was painted with a brush which is so evident with your pictures C&D. Thanks for updating us.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]