Its A Small World

9 Replies, 7155 Views

I had been wanting one of these for quite some time but either was out bid or the asking price was way too high. This on is unused in its box and I feel I got it for an excellent price. Engine is stamped 1976 and is friction driven. The set is a fantasy replica of the Disneyland California original "Its A Small World" Park ride. The Rides building replicates the boats that you traveled in on the actual ride which moves and Plays the "Its A Small World" theme song driven by the engine which automatically stops, moves the boats, plays the song and automatically proceeds down the track when finished. The old "Walt Disney Productions" copy-write Logo is also stamped on the bottom. You know its an older set when the blue tracks have the rough, sand paper rails for traction like these.

This is nostalgic for me from time when Disney World Florida first opened I made a trip every spring. One of the rides we rode on was this "Its A Small World" and that song was looped and looped through the long ride and the song stuck in your head the rest of your day/days in the park. Just like its stuck in my head right now. See and hear it HERE if you dare.

I think there is only one more Vintage Disney set I am after to complete what I want of them.

[Image: DSCN3477.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3499.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3496.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3491.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
Very cool super. Just curious, what is the Disney set you are still looking for?
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Thanks Mr Ripley

I think the vintage set is something similar to this one but I think has a Cinderella type castle with it. I think its a little bigger set that this one. I keep saying 'think' because I am not sure, only that I have this picture in my head of seeing something and I don't know what its called. Maybe I am confusing it with this one as my mind is in a turmoiled state over this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Nice set Super. My family loved the small world ride at Tokyo Disneyland so we went on it twice. And that song really stuck, too, even after we got back~

[Image: IMG-2320-1.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes hystudio's post:
  • Super
Nice. Similar design to the old "merry go" sets. Will you run it, super? Keen to see what it does.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
I will get something together in a video Sun.
  • sunhuntin
A little video I made can be seen HERE
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, sunhuntin
What an awesome set for the age of it! Thanks for the video, super.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Comprehensive video. Thanks, Super.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Engineer Bob's post:
  • Super
I am always amazed that there are pristine, new in box, toys that are this old.
  • Finno