Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum

256 Replies, 171109 Views

Phantom Gem 66: The Original EC-08 Box Of Skyliner (Old Colour)

It is a very long story how this box was rare since the beginning of time until now. The Skyliner was released in 1978, but during this time the 4th generation box was manufactured and the 5th generation EC box was never released until 1980. So this EC box remained an unconfirmed product for nearly 2 years. The Skyliner with painted window sills was first released in the New International Airport Set, without it's intermediate car. This is why the intermediate car is highly sought after, and getting one today as a standalone item is the most difficult challenge for Skyliner collectors. However the intermediate car was only included in this box, the whole 3 car formation have unpainted window sills. The number of box survivors are extremely small today. The EC-08 number was reused for the Skyliner (new colour), and the box is green with blue ribbon instead of yellow with brown ribbon. This auction below ended at around 31000 yen. Look at my icon for a standard product Skyliner.

I have wrote about unpainted and painted window sills here: https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread...1#pid47751

[Image: i-img1200x900-1578919737capiuv615038.jpg][Image: i-img1200x900-1578919737cyyrkd600909.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Someone told me that my theory about the painted/unpainted window sills was wrong and proved it. Because the intermediate car was thought to be unpainted all along, it turns out that a painted one actually exists. This means that the painted Skyliners could also came from the EC box.

[Image: Ea80zna-U4-AEf-FGi.jpg][Image: Ea80zr-CU0-AAt-PQk.jpg][Image: Ea80zn7-UMAAgx-NO.jpg]
  • Super
I do find it curious that the painted one has so much overspray on the inside of the coach. Is the color around the painted sill an exact match as the chassis like the unpainted one seems to be?

Another thing I find curious as I don't think I have seen it before (my mind might have forgotten though) is the spacers behand the rear coupling.

[Image: Ea80zr-CU0-AAt-PQk.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
The paint is brown, so it is the exact colour as the chassis and the body. Just that the chassis has been molded of brown plastic so if you break the chassis, you will see brown inside.

My Skyliner has the spacers too, it’s not very common to see them.
  • Super
Honourable Mentions 9: 横浜市営地下鉄2000形電車 Yokohama Municipal Subway Type 2000

Only 20 were made by the staff of the Yokohama City Transportation Bureau. It is a phantom gem that was distributed to children who answered the quiz correctly at an event. It seems that the number of survivors is extremely small today compared to the first 20 that were released. As far as I know, only one collector who owns the box is known.
It is not officially released by TOMY, but remodelled.

[Image: Dof-DI6-KX4-AAtjmd.jpg]
[Image: file.jpg][Image: file-1.jpg][Image: file-2.jpg]
Wow, that original 20 train looks to be in perfect condition. What year was it a prize?
Around 2004, https://ameblo.jp/tkk8500-8637fsakuya/en...86319.html (Ignore the 2nd Plarail, that is a complete fake remodelled from plastic boards)
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Phantom Gem 66: ちんちんふみきりセット Tinkle Railroad Crossing Set

A completely stale layout and vehicle choice, but the true value lies in the villainous Tinkle Signal which looks bland to the eye of a collector of faint heart, which is exclusive to this set. Until now, no footage of the Tinkle Signal's sound has been found, and the first time this set is auctioned. When the switch is turned on, the alarm flashes and the alarm sounds. So if the sound plays, sounds of a underrated phantom gem of a signal will permeate the room, and you will drown in the world where a sleeping demon is locked up for 43 years.

[Image: i-img1200x900-1592729887xymy9q144871.jpg][Image: i-img1200x900-15927298918u74vn121906.jpg]
Phantom Gem 67: 2nd Generation Red White Hikari-Go Transitional Mold To Blue White Hikari-Go

In 1972, TOMY has prepared the transition of the Red White Hikari-Go to Blue White Hikari-Go. The transitional mold (left image) is finally shown. The window frames are present, similar to that of the Blue White Hikari Go. This is not the standard product Red White Hikari-Go, but a very rare version that could have come from the same box as the Blue White Hikari-Go. It is known to be even more rare than all versions of Red White Hikari-Go.

[Image: Eab-XFe-CU0-AADn8d.jpg][Image: Eab-XHsu-U0-AAY7-Ei.jpg]

(06-15-2020, 11:44 PM)Vio Wrote: However the 2nd generation red white Hikari-Go has ended production in early 1973 to prepare transition to blue white Hikari-Go, so it can be safely assumed that the true manufacture period was short lived for only 2 years.

Mistake: Early 1973, supposed to be end of 1972.

If the the set (G-19, 1970) does not have the red-white Hikari transitional mold type, could it only be manufactured for around 1 year from 1970? This is because the standard product Red White Hikari-Go started production in 1970 and ended around 1972. The transitional mold is expected to be released around late 1971.

Please merge post 139 and 140.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 06:03 PM by Super.)
Wow...I have not seen the Tinkle Railroad Crossing before. Is it just a bell like the J-18 Crossing or a Electronic Crossing Sign with sound and Flashing Lights like the J-21 Crossing? It actually looks to be a cross between the two crossings.

[Image: i-img1200x900-1592729887xymy9q144871.jpg]

[Image: takara-tomy-plarail-j-18-train-crossing-...fd0c08.jpg]

[Image: 21523684808951-192.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No