Shipping woes

66 Replies, 44306 Views

I am in the UK and my shipments from Japan take on average 2 -3 days once shipped . Large orders of 40+ engines are broken down into smaller shipments but still arrive in that time frame and also they refund customs charges where they have charged too much . 6 parcels shipped yesterday and showing tuesday for delivery ( would be monday but it is a bank holiday here tomorrow )
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2020, 09:44 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like rekp's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
With Japamart there aren't any choices for private couriers. I don't know if there were other choices besides Japan Post before the Virus. At least I never delved deeper than EMS which was at the top of their list. The only options they offer right now is

Surface Parcel
Surface Small Packet
Surface Printed Matter

All I believe are by boat.

@Rekp
The UK is a lucky one as its not on the list of curtailed deliveries from Japan. Here is what they say at Japamart for me.

Quote: 
Apr-01-2020 Shipment restrictions due to the coronavirus Japan Post put some restrictions on international shipment due to the spread of corona virus.

Currently, we cannot ship to the following countries.

China, New Zealand, Chile, India, Argentina, Indonesia, Kuwait, Spain.

Surface Parcel is the only available shipping method for the following countries.

Ireland, Israel, Italy, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Austria, Greece, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United States, Hungry, Brazil, Poland, Portugal, Malaysia, Malta, South Africa, Romania, Russia.

SAL Parcel is not available in any country.

It is still unclear exactly when the restriction will be lifted.
Please keep it in mind when you use our services.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I only use suppliers that can ship DHL . All of the other forms cause issues at my end as Customs and handling charges work out uneconomical . If they dont do business my way then they dont get my business . Simple as that . I work UK suppliers the same , if they use carriers I do not like they go to the back of the line and only get used as a last resort .
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2020, 11:22 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes rekp's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Don't get me wrong. I have no issues with shipping Japan Post EMS to the United States Post Office, never had. Things have only changed during the Virus and I am sure things will get back to normal once the flights resume. In the mean time I think Jauce is offering no storage Fees for purchases through September during this pandemic but I don't use them so maybe another Member can confirm.  I think Japamart has the same offer but I have to contact them to make sure. Otherwise there is a daily Storage Fee charged over 30 days. Up until now, I have never come close to that as my greedy little hands wanted my stuff as soon as possible. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(05-24-2020, 05:14 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: @Vio I think you may have misread theses...
No one has re-shipped or returned it anywhere since it was received in Osaka 4/19, and it still remains at Japan Post.

I see now. Once upon time, a parcel on the Asia side of priority had been retracted, had 2 parcels retracted so far and needed to be sent via FEDEX.

Zenmarket is offering up to 120 days of free storage so there is always room for retracted parcels.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 12:18 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Recently I had my first Amazon Japan shipped through DHL. Was sent back to Cincinnati once but got the package a day later. I'm going to buy off Amazon JP again.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Ok...well I’m glad that we’ve made some progress here...they said 2 weeks. (Fingers crossed)
Still irritating that it took 9 email, over a course of 5 weeks to convince them, but they’re now off of their hands, and working to complete our transaction.
[Image: C6017244-CE76-440-C-96-FF-A174246-AC434.png]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Hurray Muddy!!! [Image: big-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I really like Fisher Price's new Annie and Clarabel with those embossed noses, so I was thinking of getting them, and looked at Amazon.
Does anybody knows what on earth happened to Amazon's shipping prices?
I was ordering from them a lot in the past, but now with this prices? I don't think so...
Just look at this:
[Image: Snimka-zaslona-80.jpg]

OK, I could order it from Amazon UK, but the prices of Amazon.com's new "AmazonGlobal Shipping" really knocked me off.
Last time I checked, I didn't live on Mars. $58.48 shipping for a $15 train? And $91.84 Total?? Come on...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
I think thats got to do with COVID. I know that with packages I've ordered from Japan, the normal cheapish shipping methods aren't available because Japan Post has not restarted shipping to Australia, so I either have to choose the really expensive but fast DHL service, or the painfully slow Surface Mail Option (by ship) which takes up to 2 months, so maybe in your situation, the really fast, but expensive option is what you're paying for. I have a package coming, and I chose the slow option, and the tracking information hasn't been updated since the 31st of August were it has been "dispatched from outward office of exchange", so my guess its on a ship currently making its way to me