Self Healing Cutting Mat's

7 Replies, 4548 Views

I had no idea that I would like Self Healing Cutting Mats. I always thought that they couldn't be that good for the money they cost so I always used old pieces of cardboard under my cuts. I finally broke down and bought one and boy was I wrong. They are fantastic. I bought the X-Acto 12x18 and love it. Can't believe that by the next day the cuts are hardly there. I will still use scrap cardboard on long cuts but for every day use this is amazing.

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks Big Grin

Anyone else use these and what if so, what brand brand and do you like it? I am thinking of getting one so large that it will cover my whole desk top.

X-Acto X7761 Self-Healing Cutting Mat
[Image: 81y-Kkq-OBFBL-AC-SL1500.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Indispensable. I have four in various sizes. Edding CM45, 2x CM30 and a smaller one that seems to be hiding at the moment. This brand appears to be discontinued now. I've had them at least 20 years and their self-healing powers seem undiminished.

Why haven't I got a Postimg link any more?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I was quite surprised as to how thick the Mat I have is, 3mm. I had thought that they all were much thinner. How thick are your Dr Chris?

I still show the "Add Image To Post" link. Are you using a phone or computer?
3mm.

PC. The post image link wasn't there using MS Edge browser. It was there using Firefox until a few minutes ago, now it's vanished when I'm using that browser as well!
  • Super
Ah, so they all must be way thicker than I thought.

Do you think clearing out your Browser Cache and History would help? I still see mine using FireFox. Anyone else not seeing the PostImg Link?
I can see your image link fine Super, I've had one of those cutting type mats for years, use it for cutting card for mountings in picture frames primarily, got an A2 sized one, forget the brand but they are awesome and definitely worth the money for anyone into crafting or whatever... Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
I haven't seen the postimg link for a couple of months now. I've just been accessing the site manually.
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainMan2001's post:
  • Super
It just re-appeared again!

[Image: image.png]
  • Super