Trackmaster Push Along Kevin

4 Replies, 2996 Views

Just found Kevin in a local grocery store! Big Grin

[Image: IMG-20210121-185434.jpg]

He looks really nice. His body is made out of metal, and his (slightly movable) crane is plastic. He has a hook in the front and a loop on the back, so he can be hauled by an engine on the tracks too...

Seems they didn't produce many vehicles in this Push Along line... There are Bertie, Harold, Kevin, Flynn, and Jack & Esther are sold in "Hard at Work 4-Pack" (with Kevin and Thomas) only.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Super
Wow...found when grocery shopping...cool Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
That totally wasn't in my plan, but the toy shelves were wisely set up on the way to the cash register, so it was just, "Look, there's Kevin!" Big Grin
After I got home, I checked that Push Along vehicle series, and Trackmaster didn't make many. Too bad. Hope they'll make more! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator
[Image: 900-GYV67-1.jpg]
[Image: thomas-and-friends-trackmaster-whiff.jpg]
[Image: 71-G1-Y-i2m-IL-AC-SL1500.jpg]
[Image: GRG41.jpg]new releases arrived in uk today
[Image: 900-GYV65-3.jpg]
[Image: 900-GWX08-30-Web-Optimised.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like rekp's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Nice, but those are all (except Harold, of course) railway engines. No new road vehicles... And that was my point. When I bought Kevin, I thought there were many other road vehicles in that "Push along" series by TrackMaster, but there aren't. Just Bertie, Harold, Kevin, Flynn, Jack & Esther...

A note on that rainbow Toby: their push along model of Toby is the exact opposite what Toby should be - a "tram engine". A tram engine is a steam locomotive specially built, or modified, to run on a street, or roadside, tramway track. On that Toby you can clearly see his wheels, and the reason why Toby was bought by Fat Controller in the Railway series is that he (Sir Topham Hatt) needed an engine with side plates (and cowcatchers!) to meet the requirements of a police officer who ordered that. So we shouldn't see so much of Toby's wheels, because on tram engines "the machinery must be concealed from view at all points above 10 centimeters (3.9 in) from rail level" (Wikipedia). So everything should be covered. That's why Toby, among other things, has straight side plates along whole of his body, and that push along model does not represent that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Super