All Engines Go NEWS

550 Replies, 197393 Views

(02-19-2022, 02:37 PM)Mister No Wrote: New Obstacle Course Set announced:

[Image: Motorized-Obstacle-Course-Set.jpg]

I see Carly in this set.  Can I assume it is a push along train?  I notice there is a  a ramp on the top left hand corner.  does it actually causes Thomas and his train to stop and possibly rollback a bit?

(02-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Mister No Wrote: Carly and Sandy getting a Greatest Moments Pack: Muddy Carly & Sandy!

[Image: Muddy-Carly-Sandy-Pack.jpg]

As for Sandy, it is bit disappointing.  Not only she is not motorized.  she looks like a cargo loaded on a flatbed.  Looks like the middle carriage will be used to transport Carly's crane arm.   The crane arm shouldn't be detachable.  After a while the kids will lose the crane arm. just like a lot of Collin the steam Crane's arm gone missing after a while.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
I wouldn’t say it’s Push Along Carly in the Obstacle Set. Push Along Carly looks a little different:

[Image: IMG-20220218-161130.jpg]

I think Carly is attached to the base in that set (just like she was attached to the loading station in Fix 'em Up Friends Set) and serves to move part of the bridge from one track to another. I could be wrong, but I think that's the most plausible explanation.

I disagree that Carly’s arm should be permanently attached in the Greatest Moments pack, just so the kids don’t lose it, because Carly couldn’t go with it under any bridge, through a tunnel, or anything else. That would be frustrating for the kids (and not just the kids). And let the parents teach their children that they should keep their belongings and be careful not to lose them!

As for Sandy, this is her third version, I think...
In the first (Fix 'em Up Friends Set) she was really a piece of cargo, the second was the Push Along version (her best version so far, in my opinion), and now she's part of the Motorized "Greatest Moments" pack. I'm not sure Sandy could be made as a "Motorized" engine at all, while preserving her proportions.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
at least remove the handle off the top of Sandy.  I am not sure if I will get the greatest moment set.  If I do, i will definitely going to saw off the handle off Sandy.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
i want to buy it now, but it hasn't come to my country
mostly Plarail items
be patient.  the AEG series are finally showing up at Wal Mart.  It looks like we won't be getting talking diesel
It seems the official name of the Obstacle Course Set will be Launch and Loop Maintenance Yard set:

[Image: Motorized-Obstacle-Course-Set.jpg]

And here is... Push Along Medieval Thomas pack:

[Image: Medieval-Thomas-1.jpg]
[Image: Medieval-Thomas-2.jpg]
[Image: Medieval-thomas-4.jpg]
The launcher and the dragon are removable. Of course you can pull back the boulder launcher to send the boulder cargo flying...!! Big Grin

[Image: Medieval-Thomas-3.jpg]

I really like his face here... Too bad it's not a motorized set...

Release Date: August 6th 2022
Price: $9.99
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
His expression is quite snarky isn't it. Wow...way ahead of the game with an August release date. Dodgy
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Old Mine Percy Push Along Pack will be released on the same date:

[Image: Old-Mine-Percy-1.jpg]
[Image: Old-Mine-Percy-2.jpg]
[Image: Old-Mine-Percy-3.jpg][Image: Old-Mine-Percy-4.jpg]

Percy is styled in crystal ghost theme with ghost-scaring machine and crystal locomotive
Push the train along to see the top spin!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
THat looks amazing. I wonder if the crytal shaped train behind it is just hollow inside (with no bottom and cheap plastic) or, hollowed inside, but with a bottom.
mostly Plarail items
[-] The following 1 user Likes PerkyHydrAan's post:
  • Super
Good point Perky. If it is hollow a small LED light with a button battery might look pretty cool but, even if its not hollow, a small hole drilled from the bottom could work to illuminate the whole thing. BTW...what is that supposed to represent?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]