Clear E4 Max?

4 Replies, 2756 Views

Does anyone here have any information regarding the clear (“skeleton”) E4 Max? It is completely transparent and has a magnetic connector.

Here are some photos:
[Image: 2-F84-E511-FFF2-4-BFD-BCA7-30427180-CE1-F.png]
[Image: 46-D1-AFAB-C5-C8-412-C-8296-95081-CD8157-D.jpg]
[Image: 887-BBEE1-1475-468-B-B98-A-568702-AF96-EF.jpg]

All I could find is that three copies were given out as prizes during the 2007 Shinkansen Festival. However, there were definitely more than three made.

Thanks in advance!
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Thats a good question T-Raw...I know we must have discussed this train before but I just can't recall what it was. What I do know is that it came in a plain whit box with no markings which would indicate to me that it was some promotional or give away type release. If I am not mistaken, these types of releases also might have had a limited number available which if true, I would be curious as to how many there were to gauge the rarity. Hopefully a member can help with this.

The retractable, rear Coach, magnetic couplers were meant to connect two different trains together much like the real Shinkansens. Plarail made several of these type couplings on their Shinkansen trains.

[Image: i-img1200x900-1615092212hdknia133136.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
Thanks, Super.

I’m guessing it may be similar to the clear 300 Series, which also came in a plain white box. As far as I know, there were 500 of those given out (https://postimg.cc/2q7c0gZm), but I haven’t been able to find any promotional material for the E4. When looking online, though, I have seen fewer pictures/past listings of the clear E4 than of the clear 300 Series, which leads me to believe it is rarer.
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super
Do you have one in your collection T-Raw?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
No, unfortunately not. I just came across it online while researching the clear 300 Series and wanted to find out more.
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super