Never Again

24 Replies, 7635 Views

I will never again order a Plarail train that is supposed to have shiny gold or silver on it from its proto types or pre release photos until I see actual video unboxings. This bait and switch by Plarail is shameful, this is twice now that they have lured me in. Once with an actual proto type shown at a Plarail Expo and now this one that doesn't match the photographs.
The supposedly shiny gold letter, logo and details are not shiny gold at all.....arrrgggh! Not even worth opening...off to Ebay. Angry

[Image: IMG-0382.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I was dreaded this could happen... In these unboxing videos: one two three ...the gold looks alright to me.

[Image: Snimka-zaslona-225.jpg]

[Image: 35a7a3894c424e489a8967f55559755d-e163037...68x489.jpg]
But I'm not the measurement, to me even the Aru Ressha looks good enough!  Blush
So sorry for your disappointment.  Confused
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Super, are you saying that the ones you got don't have the gold detail shown in the Japanese unboxing videos that Mr No posted?
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Look closer at the 2 images Mr No posted above...in the bottom picture the everything that is gold 'pops' out at you especially the details on the sides, in the actual detail the gold does not 'pop' and is more a muted gold that does not stand out in contrast to the black of the train. You can even tell the difference in the numbering and lettering in the close up in the top picture where the gold does not pop like in the second picture. If I had removed one of these and took the exact same angled picture you would hardly be able to see those gold side lettering and logos on the side, heck, you can barely see them when looking at them straight on in the boxes window. Its evident that they either enhanced (edited) the advertised picture or used a prototype that used a shiny gold for the details that would not show up in the mass produced one.

In this image you can see the contrast on the sides better which is not in the real one.

[Image: 51-AQJXQfeg-L-AC-SL1100.jpg]

I guess I could say that the Aru Ressha is okay too Mr No but the point is with that one the finished product was no way representative of the first seen at the Plarail Expo

What we saw...

[Image: Untutitled.jpg]

What we got...not even close[Image: 016.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Tharazero1
They usually have a disclaimer to the effect that 'final production models may vary to the pre-production models', but this is quite extreme when comparing the two pictures of the gold coloured model - jeez!

As for the writing, unless you could see it so clearly on video I would suggest on stills they have probably used photoshop to boost the gold contrast and make it 'pop' as you say Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Its funny (no so) that the reason I had pre-ordered both of these models was for the shiney 'Gold' and neither one delivered on exactly what made me want them.
  • Mister No
(10-19-2021, 11:08 PM)Nigels Wrote: They usually have a disclaimer to the effect that 'final production models may vary to the pre-production models', but this is quite extreme when comparing the two pictures of the gold coloured model - jeez!

Yes, the difference is really amazing, and the show model is certainly not the same one that customers ended up getting. That's really not right. On the other hand, I checked the pictures of my Aru Ressha train, and it seems to me that the color is not as bad as Super's, but it is possible that I am wrong (the question of image quality, lighting, etc.).

Mine:

[Image: IMG-20200524-190544.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200524-190911.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200524-162841.jpg]

Super's:

[Image: 016.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
What has me wondering now is......who has that actual Plarail Expo model....how many like that were actually made....and how much would a real shiny one go for now....I want one.   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Mr No....are your from the first release or second?
  • Mister No
Mine is 1st release (2 speed motor), same as yours, I think. The 2021 re-release has only one speed, that's the difference between them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Mine is the first also. I thought maybe they corrected the color somewhat for the second release after the complaints but alas...doesn't look so. Dodgy
  • Mister No