Motorized Vehicle Display Cases

28 Replies, 6790 Views

I purchased these Display Cases so the Tomy Motorized Vehicles could be displayed without getting dusty as they are now in the Parking Garage storage case/drawers out of site. Originally these are for displaying the 1/64th Hotwheels/M2/Matchbox/Tomica size cars but except for a few they are great for displaying the Motorized Tomy vehicles. The few that won't fit have a part that is too tall for the clear top to go over. They are quite nice. If needed they have 2 ways to hold down a vehicle, sticker dots or little wires that fit through pre-drilled holes in the base. I am guessing that these would come in handy if one transports a collection to shows and such. I won't be needing them.

[Image: IMG-1905.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1908.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Nigels, Siupasiope
Looks good Super. Im glad there are people like you that collect all these things and take such care of them. Im trying not to end up with much mint gear so it can be played with without worrying too much about preserving it. Also congrats on your 1000th thread!
[-] The following 2 users Like Rich.gamble's post:
  • Nigels, Super
Thanks Rich, didn't even notice the Thread count. 😆
maybe the bus 1:87 bus model cases will work for your bigger motorized vehicles.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Wouldn't the 1:87 cases be smaller than these 1:64ths? The only reason that a couple of my motorized vehicles won't fit are because they have something on them that is a bit taller and the clear top won't sit all the way down on the base. Just a bit too tall, not much but enough so it doesn't look right. Width and length are perfect though for all. Hmmm...this now has got me thinking if there are cases like these that are the same width and height but are twice as long so I can fit my 3 Motorized Trailered Vehicles in?
How long are the motorized tractor trailers?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
6.75 inches
(07-31-2022, 08:34 AM)Super Wrote: Wouldn't the 1:87 cases be smaller than these 1:64ths? The only reason that a couple of my motorized vehicles won't fit are because they have something on them that is a bit taller and the clear top won't sit all the way down on the base. Just a bit too tall, not much but enough so it doesn't look right. Width and length are perfect though for all. Hmmm...this now has got me thinking if there are cases like these that are the same width and height but are twice as long so I can fit my 3 Motorized Trailered Vehicles in?

Yes, 1:87 is a smaller scale than 1:64 so it follows the cases would be smaller unless they are made for say an articulated rig.  You could look at picking up some M2 'Auto-Haulers' from Walmart or similar, they can be bought in store in the USA at a reasonable price and if you didn't want to keep the rigs you could always sell them off loose on eBay and just keep the cases for your special motorized vehicles Smile

Things like these (they can probably be got cheaper in store); M2 Auto Hauler Example

Hell, if you got some nice ones I may even buy them off you (just for the record Dodge Charger Daytona's are my favourites) Smile

Cheers, Nigel
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Thanks Nigel, Excellent idea but I am not absolutely sure, looking at listings, exactly the measurements of the cases that come with the M2 Auto Haulers. Seems like they might be about 11 inches long which I think would dwarf the 6.75 inch Tractor Trailers I have maybe? I did find these which I hope aren't too tall but the length may look better. Will check back with results. I am also looking for a 3 tiered display case at an appropriate size which could display all 3 of these Motorized Tractor Trailers in one case.

[Image: Untitlll.jpg]
No problem, I'll measure one and let you know the exact size of the cases just in case (no pun intended) you decide they are suitable - have you thought of putting two in one case?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2022, 02:30 PM by Super.)