The Beatles

8 Replies, 2239 Views

Some of you may remember me posting about the Hornby 'Beatles' themed box cars I got the other year?  Well they've just released some more, this time we have cars to represent the albums 'Revolver', 'Rubber Soul' and 'Beatles for Sale'.

I'm also going to post the pics of last years ones as well so we have them altogether...

[Image: IMG-20221124-183104.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20221124-182812.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20221124-182916.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20221124-183007.jpg]

Here's last years models;
[Image: IMG_20211112_171239.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20211112_171250.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20211112_171303.jpg]

[Image: original_4cad55b1-8a0b-4de1-beb2-cd4f7d8...171316.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
This would be even cooler with a Hornby Thomas pulling them on a layout.
Call me Sixteen.

Signatures are too hard. -_-
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2022, 11:55 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ERTLSixteen's post:
  • Super
Wow...what if they made a box car for every Beatles album? I can't recall...do they make a Beatles themed engine?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
There is of course a tenuous link in that Ringo was the first narrator for Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends, narrating the first and second series and playing Mr. Conductor on Shining Time Station.

Then there's this:

[Image: Hornby-Beatles-Eurostar-box-front-web.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super
and this:

[Image: 005_update_hornby_railroad_hm176_feb22.j...k=9OvdQiVb]

https://fft-keymodelworld.b-cdn.net/site...k=9OvdQiVb
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, generic_truck_69420, Super
Yes, I already have the Eurostar set - that train did actually exist briefly as well in real life - although it was much longer than the model version with far more detail on it. I did miss out on the extension coaches for that train as well, unfortunately they all came out during the pandemic and I didn't find out until they were all sold out.

As for the diesel loco and wagons, I did see that and was tempted, but its very expensive for just a loco and two wagons, I know it looks like you get more than that, but they put different graphics on the two sides of the wagons.

Incidentally this turned up today, typical Hornby efficiency all 4 were shipped on the same day, but 3 in one package and this one in a separate package.

[Image: IMG-20221125-113623.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
(11-24-2022, 11:56 PM)Super Wrote: Wow...what if they made a box car for every Beatles album? I can't recall...do they make a Beatles themed engine?

I suspect we are going to see a few each year till they exhaust all the album releases, then who knows maybe they'll do George Harrison's, John Lennon's, Paul McCartney's, Wings (Paul's band), and who knows even maybe Ringo's although I'm not sure what he did as a solo artist Smile

(11-24-2022, 11:53 PM)ERTLSixteen Wrote: This would be even cooler with a Hornby Thomas pulling them on a layout.

Probably except they don't make any Thomas themed models anymore as the license went to Bachmann a couple of years back.  Although having said that I do have a few of their old loco's including one of the limited edition Thomas's with metallic blue paint!

You could also run a Coca-Cola themed train alongside the Beatles one I guess, perhaps with a Christmas themed one as well for good measure!
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2022, 01:15 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
It would look great with a Western type Steam engine dressed in Beatle mania pulling a full rake of these album related box cars.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Now that is an interesting idea, I do wonder if Hornby have any plans to make a Beatles themed steam loco which would be more appropriate for this type of wagon.  Although these could probably be used with the set that Chris posted about with the diesel & the two large wagons as in the UK much old rolling stock was still in service till nearly the millennium, possibly even later.  It was only after the privatisation of the railways here that the old rolling stock etc... began to get replaced.  Of course if you wanted to get into the realms of fantasy trains they could do a blue liveried 'blue meanie' locomotive as that would roll in with the 'Yellow Submarine' wagon etc...
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2022, 08:21 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super