@Super

4 Replies, 6279 Views

Hi Muddy

Sorry it has taken so long to reply but it is a very big holiday weekend here in the States. Our Independence Day and I have been very busy with family and events.

These type engines have been known to split gears. My personal theory on this is the gears on these are made of brittle white plastic and not neoprene. ToysTrainsThings is really the expert and I can't seem to find the articles where we discussed it...hmmm...maybe in was on our previous Forum and I don't know if I can see that. Anyway, take a look at Ucwepns video on the older version of the Disney trains which is the same and you will see that he says there is a clacker built in for realism and the drive wheels are suspended in a way that without proper weight may be the reason why the Shuppo is having trouble with the inclines. They also have a clutch type gear on the axle that can get pretty sloppy and cause slippage from children holding and preventing the train from moving. My current Benkei that I swapped out the red wheels for black and gray side rods and my 2 Yoshitsunes do not have suspended drive wheels. These are very tricky to take apart and work on as they are very different in their gearing and how the motor and housing sit in the chassis. I replaced a motor and super glued a split gear in a Benkei I had bought used because it was doing the same as you described. One of the biggest problems I had on re-assembly was how to get the three weights back in the right way to the front of the boiler. I never did figure it out. I had taken pictures of the gearing to make sure I got it back together. I had managed to pick up a few of non-working green and red Disney trains in bulk purchases from Japan that I use for parts. Their black wheels are a very nice fit for the Benkei. ToysTrainsThings video is also below showing the older releases of the Disney trains. The three newer Disney trains (Green, Red & Blue) are more detailed, have the short side rods attached to the front wheels and use a AA battery. I will see if I can pull up the old conversations about this.

Other articles...
http://www.blueplastictracks.com/showthr...566#pid566

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins

Messages In This Thread
@Super - by MuddyPoppins - 07-03-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: @Super - by plarnold - 07-03-2015, 04:50 AM
RE: @Super - by MuddyPoppins - 07-03-2015, 07:35 AM
RE: @Super - by ROCKINATOR - 07-03-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: @Super - by Super - 07-05-2015, 10:43 PM