Restoring a Motor Road & Rail (U.S. Plarail) Spencer

14 Replies, 21072 Views

Today, I started work (barely) on stage 2 of Toby and Henrietta, but stopped and put it off for later after realizing I had the intelligence and enough of a steady hand to possibly restore my old Spencer model, instead of buying a new one!
I used some masking tape, along with black acrylic paint, a mixture of spice brown, red, apricot, and pure silver acrylic paint, and a mixture of some black and white paint to cover up the cab roof, buffers, and the black scratch on the tip of his nose, respectively. used some masking tape, along with black acrylic paint, a mixture of spice brown, red, apricot, and pure silver acrylic paint, and a mixture of some black and white paint to cover up the cab roof, buffers, and the black scratch on the tip of his nose, respectively.

Before I did that, I got a few wet paper towels and cleaned all the red stuff (I have no clue what it was) off of him, and removed a peeling cab window sticker. (You can see how bad my attempt at a new one was, but it still looks passable.)Before I did that, I got a few wet paper towels and cleaned all the red stuff (I have no clue what it was) off of him, and removed a peeling cab window sticker. (You can see how bad my attempt at a new one was, but it still looks passable.)
To finish it all off, I removed a bit of dust and fuzz from the inside, and replaced the old AA battery with a new one, which is also a different brand from before, and I can easily say that he's now one of my best AA-battery runners!

He also looks as good as new in my book, and I won't be buying an extra Spencer anytime soon!

All that's left to do now is fit him with a Plasma Dash motor, if my mom lets me buy another 60 bucks worth of stuff from Amazon.

[Image: TOMY%20Spencer%20before_zpsywvy67bi.png]

[Image: TOM%20Spencer%20after_zpsdxpyu08c.png]
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 3 users Like Miksolo's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Super, Ucwepn

Messages In This Thread
Restoring a Motor Road & Rail (U.S. Plarail) Spencer - by Miksolo - 02-11-2016, 12:58 AM