HankAmericanEngine's YouTube Video's

110 Replies, 159006 Views

This is somewhat disconcerting, but I guess I'll throw it out here before I throw it out on YouTube.

YouTube's Copyright and Community Guidelines policies have been abused in the past and, subsequently, have made 2016 harsh for several YouTube users; just earlier this week, one of my personal favourite YouTube users got their channel terminated, and has made me grown to worry about the fate of mine.

A while back, a video of mine (all original footage) with another YouTube user's music (used with their permission), received a "Copyright Strike" from a third-party company I had never even heard of; I could barely even file an appeal to YouTube, and lost a good amount of income from that video being claimed by this company. The only time the video, and income, return to my possession was when the user went to that video and typed, "Dear YouTube, I gave him permission to use the music!"; two hours later, the income flowed from that video.

I received no apology, nor any kind of compensation from YouTube; I still have all the emails from when this happened, too. This has truly begun to worry me, seeing these two policies being abused so easily ever since Google bought out YouTube.

So, for starters, I've made an official back-up channel, Hank thePRRK4, just in case any of this nonsense hits my main channel again; this is also to prevent any cries of piracy of my videos when I begin to reupload them here if I feel things on my main channel are getting too dangerous.

Also, I'm just throwing this out here since I can't really keep up-to-date on Google+, YouTube, and whatnot...

Follow my official Twitter handle for updates, release dates, and a picture or two of things I've been working on!

@Hanktheprrk4

Sorry to throw this out here, but YouTube is now becoming scarier and scarier by the day, and I do have to worry about what might come after my channel. With that one copyright nonsense still being removed, I do have to keep wondering whether or not I will just have to up and leave "HankAmericanEngine" for "HankthePRRK4" in the future.

Sorry to be the downer, but I do have to bring this to light.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • Super

Messages In This Thread
HankAmericanEngine's YouTube Video's - by Super - 06-20-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: HankAmericanEngine's YouTube Video's - by HankAmericanEngine - 03-05-2016, 11:32 PM