Trackmaster Knapford Station Question

33 Replies, 39098 Views

i was wondering if the emily and/or stanley sets were ever directly sold in/by 1 chain of stores?
or were they just randomly distributed.

To my knowledge, trevor369, the Thomas and Emily at Knapford Station set was only sold in the US, released in 2007 and discontinued early - mid 2009, to make way for the 2nd edition being the light and sounds version.

The Knapford Celebration Set with Stanley I only know that set was first seen for sale in June 2009, so mid 2009, and most likely discontinued by late 2009 since it was only sold in US (it has no TOMY branding of any sorts on the box, and at the time TrackMaster TOMY was responsible for the subsidiary license of all the EU and AU TrackMaster merchandise (from 2008 - 2009), while HiT Toys Company had the main license dedicated to the merchandise sold only in the US (from 2007 - late 2009), with some things exclusively sold to Canada - these being the motorised Alfie, Percy's Mail Trucks 3-pack (presumably), etc.

Since I have never been to US in 2007-2009 I cannot say from my experiences in store about the availability of the items, I am simply sharing the information I have gathered from various reliable sources. Therefore, I cannot disclose whether these two sets were sold to specific stores. But I assume since the Knapford Celebration Set was only sold for a very short period of time (only a few months) and is practically a once in a lifetime opportunity to find it in a box now - the set was most likely sold in a bargain retailer, since the entire set looks like a collaboration of leftover stock HTC would have been trying to get rid of - example: the Stanley, Knapford, Thomas, Bertie, various road pieces, track, etc.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 08:46 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like B'Station Official's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super

Messages In This Thread
Trackmaster Knapford Station Question - by Super - 01-15-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: Trackmaster Knapford Station Question - by B'Station Official - 03-26-2018, 03:10 AM