Improved Plarail Jet Engine

7 Replies, 6366 Views

[Image: Tomy-Trackmaster-ThomasPlarail-Thomas-Th...dition.jpg][Image: 640?cb=20170725031310]

When the eponymous delivery from "Thomas (and) the Jet Engine" was made in Plarail, the well wagon had to be split in two because it would've been too long (and perhaps in keeping with the three car standard as well). That resulted in having two oddly shaped bits of rolling stock that looked out of place and didn't have other good uses. Thanks to the existence of bogies in regular Plarail items, someone found how to make it look right while still being able to navigate curves.

[Image: Tsubame-Jet-Engine.png]

Another Japanese Twitter user named tsubame_8910 (うぇいゔらと) took both parts, glued them together and replaced the original wheels with the bogies from (most likely) the new autorack. It actually took me a while to realise it was the original tops merged and not a scratchbuild. One downside: The engine no longer lights up when pulled, but I'm sure he could find some way to change how it's powered. Needless to say, it looks much more faithful and the bogies perfectly mimic its TV appearance. Better than what I suggested to Therealblack64YT (TM2 truck/tender chassis for bogies on custom coaches), and I wonder how they would look on other Thomas stock like this. Really nice work.
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Tharazero1

Messages In This Thread
Improved Plarail Jet Engine - by DalaGStanator - 09-24-2020, 05:57 PM
RE: Improved Plarail Jet Engine - by Super - 09-24-2020, 06:28 PM
RE: Improved Plarail Jet Engine - by chrisjo - 09-24-2020, 09:40 PM
RE: Improved Plarail Jet Engine - by Super - 09-25-2020, 12:50 AM