Neat Plarail Advance Layout

12 Replies, 7892 Views

I was truly sad when they decided to cancel the plarail advance system.  It was a strange decision as well because that 'station' you are fond of is probably about the last item they released for it.  The automated stations that send one train running as the next pulls in etc... were the items last released, the big station being literally the last I think.  I was lucky enough to get my mits on one of those as well as a couple of the auto-release stations before the cancellation was announced.

Nowadays if you look on ebay anything plarail advanced listed is going for in some cases frankly silly money.  I've been sorely tempted over the last year or so to let my collection go as I have pretty much every train and accessory they made for the system.  There's just one set I don't have as I recall.  Most of them are still minty fresh sealed boxed as well, although I do have a good number of loose used trains as well as I managed to snag a few job lots before they cancelled the line and they became highly sought after.

Ironic really, if it had been in as much demand when the line was live it may never have been cancelled in the first place...

As for the first post, yes a lovely layout, I suspect the embankments are custom made somehow.  It seems strange that the owner has dedicated so much investment in the buildings etc... yet seems content to run with such a shoddy mish-mash of track pieces, some of them look truly ancient and faded looking at the various colours/shades used.  He/She really should have gone for all grey tracks as they are just made for this range...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Mister No, Super

Messages In This Thread
Neat Plarail Advance Layout - by Super - 05-01-2021, 12:34 PM
RE: Neat Plarail Advance Layout - by Mister No - 05-01-2021, 10:58 PM
RE: Neat Plarail Advance Layout - by Nigels - 05-02-2021, 12:59 AM
RE: Neat Plarail Advance Layout - by Nigels - 05-02-2021, 09:51 PM
RE: Neat Plarail Advance Layout - by Super - 05-02-2021, 12:23 PM
RE: Neat Plarail Advance Layout - by Super - 05-03-2021, 11:42 AM
RE: Neat Plarail Advance Layout - by chrisjo - 05-03-2021, 06:03 PM
RE: Neat Plarail Advance Layout - by Nigels - 05-03-2021, 05:32 PM