TrackMaster Lion of Sodor promo rolling stock

34 Replies, 25448 Views

Alright, I did some digging and here’s what I came up with:

The “Thomas and the Lion of Sodor” DVD was shown for a short time in select theaters in October 2010 and first released on October 2 (this is from the Wiki). I also found a Thomas blog from September 2010 saying that Thomas and the Lion of Sodor was coming to Marcus Theatre UltraScreens in the U.S. Currently, Marcus Theatres has 91 locations across the U.S. and (from what I’ve seen on its website) only 15 have UltraScreens. This, of course, is how many there are right now, so I’m not sure how many there were in 2010, though from news articles I know there were at least 43 locations and 11 UltraScreens. Assuming that blog post is correct, I would say there were around 50 of these made at most and placed around the theaters that contained UltraScreens to entice people to purchase tickets for it.

Link to the blog: http://thomasthetankenginefriends.blogsp...sland.html

It’s definitely possible that the DVD was shown more widely in theaters than is stated in that blog, but I would still agree with GGF that it’s very likely that no more than 100 were produced.
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: TrackMaster Lion of Sodor promo rolling stock - by TrainsRawesome - 07-21-2021, 01:21 PM