Bandai 'B-Shorty' Trains and THOMAS...

4 Replies, 6768 Views

I don't know if any of you guys have seen the Bandai B-Shorty range before, but basically they are small train 'kits' made of pre-printed parts that clip together and produce 'N gauge' train cars.

Out of the box they are all unpowered, but can be motorised using either Bandai or Kato motor units at a relatively low cost.

But the thing that makes them quite unique and also gives them their name is that they are deliberately designed to be short, no car being any longer than 6cm in size which makes them somewhat deliberately 'distorted' in terms of scale. Although this is no different in some ways to the Tomy/Takara/Daiso PlaRail's out there, just in a smaller 'N gauge'.

Anyway, I've just seen today they actually make a B-Shorty of the japanese real world 'Thomas' - Thomas & Passenger cars there is also a second set that provides additional passenger cars.

Now this is one exception to most of the range in that it states on Hobby Search that it is display only and cannot be motorised. But I'm not so sure this is true as I don't see why you couldn't fit one of the motors into say the first passenger car instead of Thomas. Regardless I've asked on another forum where there seems to be some level of expertise in the range, if anyone they will probably know.

Until then I just thought I'd give all you Thomas nuts the heads up about this model Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger, Super

Messages In This Thread
Bandai 'B-Shorty' Trains and THOMAS... - by Nigels - 05-12-2016, 10:15 PM