Loot from Korea - Plarail, Tomica and Mini Shinkansen

1 Replies, 2796 Views

These are the items I picked up from Toys R Us in Korea.

I like the Tomica Shinkansen's. They are way out of scale compared to the other Tomica cars (at 1/195) but I don't mind. I am not really a Tomica collector but I like to use them for scenery in my Tomy/Plarail layouts.

The Toyota Crown Police car is really cool and I hadn't seen anything like this before. The box was larger so I wasn't sure what to expect but when I opened it had a normal sized Tomica box inside - weird. Marketing I guess! So the police car is similar scale to the others and it has a battery. When you pull it back it starts up with an ignition sound. Then once started you can push it along and it makes different sounds depending on the speed and acceleration you push it. For example, pushing it fast and then slow (decelerating) makes a braking sound. Slow then fast makes an engine accelerating sound. There are sirens and other sounds too. I will make a video if anyone is interested.

You can see I also picked up the Plarail KTX and a Dr Yellow. Anyone feel like a Tomica Burger? Wink

[Image: Korea-loot-01.jpg]

[Image: Korea-loot-02.jpg]

[Image: Korea-loot-03.jpg]

[Image: Korea-loot-04.jpg]

[Image: Korea-loot-05.jpg]

[Image: Korea-loot-06.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • AOF04, Super

Messages In This Thread
Loot from Korea - Plarail, Tomica and Mini Shinkansen - by Finno - 09-23-2019, 03:00 AM