Custom Trackmaster Derek Timeline

32 Replies, 19772 Views

(W.I.P.)

Here's my custom Trackmaster Derek progress, I had help cutting the cab and wheel clearance from my dad. Though I did some more of the cutting on my own.

Here's what he looked like once the shell was three pieces.[Image: Ego-XlaWsAAcYAR?format=jpg&name=large]

Then did sanding to get rid of some of the vents, the horn, and remove the slant from the cab.
[Image: EgpHDTpXsAEf56U?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EgpJl0eXsAEqm2g?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EgpO7IlWkAEyR1h?format=jpg&name=large][Image: EgpO7mTWAAE1SEo?format=jpg&name=large]

After all of that, the shell was test fitted. [Image: EgpTCOQWsAAj79h?format=jpg&name=small]

Holes being cut for wheel clearance.[Image: EgrhhVJXcAEMwvV?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: Egrjsk8WkAMLf7V?format=jpg&name=large]

The lever hole was made larger so taking the shell on and off would be easier to do.[Image: EgrqFQvXYAAKSKY?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EgrqFuOWsAEUl3i?format=jpg&name=large]

Another test fit was done before connecting it together.[Image: EgrtMiOXgAE8QvR?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: EgruHLmX0AAicUs?format=jpg&name=large]

Then it was time to superglue the front and middle sections. My dad did this as I didn't have too much experience and I still don't have that much, though I do have a general understanding as shown later in this post.
[Image: Egr5kXfWoAMfu4J?format=jpg&name=small]

A test run was done before cutting away the original footplate due to it not aligning correctly.[Image: EgsGxTaXcAIH0o_?format=jpg&name=large]

The pipes and wheels we're cut off aswell to make room.
[Image: EgsR1wjXkAkC6W6?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EgsSlSMXsAkicwr?format=jpg&name=360x360]

Cutting the middle wheels off wasn't too challenging, and soon the model was up to here in terms of completion.[Image: EgsUULAWAAYPxjE?format=jpg&name=360x360]

Footplate being cut off and replaced with polystyrene. [Image: EgscL7LXYAI8i3L?format=jpg&name=360x360] 

The polystyrene was applied with plastic cement and it was a bit of a challenge to get it to stay on as it still wants to come off a bit. The buffers were also grinded off and the back was reshaped as well. All done with the Dremel, a file, and sandpaper.[Image: EgsjdiiXkAIySxy?format=jpg&name=large]

After doing a test run and progress video Derek is up to here, in terms of completion, now.[Image: b03779b9681012815c4d2f293dedc18e.png]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Off The Rails, Tharazero1

Messages In This Thread
Custom Trackmaster Derek Timeline - by FfarquharDeveloper - 08-30-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: Custom Trackmaster Derek Timeline - by Super - 08-31-2020, 01:14 AM
RE: Custom Trackmaster Derek Timeline - by Super - 09-13-2020, 01:44 AM
RE: Custom Trackmaster Derek Timeline - by Super - 10-06-2020, 06:09 AM