An interesting purchase...

10 Replies, 3257 Views

They've not been delivered yet, but I ordered some knockoff Plarail container wagons - The difference here is, instead of the usual Japanese railway containers that look like this....

[Image: image.png]

They're what I know as a shipping container, the longer Western kind that I see literally every day going through my local station - I live in a city on Britain's Great Eastern Main Line [GEML] which is a key freight artery connecting London and Felixstowe, which is one of our largest container ports.

I bought a pair because I was curious to see what they'd be like in terms of quality, and of course because if I end up using them on my layout [likely] then having a pair fits the usual Plarail formation of one locomotive and 2 coaches Wink

Incidentally, it was being sold with a lot of random Thomas [all Plarail] bootlegs, including some rather odd 'carriages'; Here's a few of my favourites Big Grin
Strawberry and lime flavoured Tobies, minus the face [My guess is these are supposed to be cabooses as they aren't motorised]

Lime flavoured Annie/Clarabel, presumably designed to be hooked up to the matching Toby to create a train? No matching red equivalent here for red Toby though lol Big Grin

A rather dodgy looking Percy knockoff, the face looks badly painted ^_^

Diesel 10 but with holes for coupling rods, because I guess they planned on a steam conversion for him lol xD
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Plarail Man UK's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan

Messages In This Thread
An interesting purchase... - by Plarail Man UK - 08-09-2022, 07:25 PM
RE: An interesting purchase... - by chrisjo - 08-09-2022, 09:03 PM
RE: An interesting purchase... - by chrisjo - 08-11-2022, 08:34 AM
RE: An interesting purchase... - by PerkyHydrAan - 08-11-2022, 11:38 AM
RE: An interesting purchase... - by chrisjo - 08-12-2022, 10:45 AM
RE: An interesting purchase... - by chrisjo - 08-20-2022, 10:50 AM
RE: An interesting purchase... - by Super - 08-20-2022, 07:02 PM